This Page

has been moved to new address

How I Spent My 1/2 Day...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

How I Spent My 1/2 Day...

Well, I wound up getting a half day off, and how productive was I. I would have much rather taken the time for myself to relax, but no. I had to go to the doctor to check out the shoulder. You know that S&TC ep where the girl makes "the face" at Carrie re: Aidan. Well, my shoulder generated the face to where I really am now concerned.

First, the doctor goes and takes a look at the shoulder all while producing lots of pain for me. He then asks if I ever was in a car accident on that side. Yup - in a graveyard in Philly. (don't ask). I was hit on the driver's side head on, which pushed me over to the passenger side. Mind you this was in 97. It's now almost 10 years later and NOW I'm having problems?? Hello - McFly?!?!?! Uggghhhhh. So he then tells me, "This is not good" and informs me that I need to get XRays, Stat. He gives me my lovely parting gift of my prescriptions and sends me on my merry way with a "Lys, you're 34, right?" When I respond, yes he tells me "Oh you got a good 6 years left - once you hit 40, its all downhill from there." Really comforting, doc. On a good note, I learned I lost 12 lbs since November. It would have been more, but between PMS, my heels and the holidays, I am fighting 5lbs. That's a positive, right?

I call the hospital to make an appointment with imaging and am told to go right in. When I read my notes from my Doctor, the woman on the phone responds, "Honey, that's not good". I ask her what's not good and she says, "Well you have to do a C-Spine Xray. That's never a good thing. Good luck". Now I'm more nervous. But, I still have to sign my lease for my apartment, so off I fly to the apartment complex.

20 minutes later I'm signing the lease and its back to the hospital. Now, the hospital is built like a gorgeous resort. Well, with the looks it means that the prices for an aspirin must be at a premium. I know Roomie had her heart scare here so I'm prepared. Well, finance greets me (its all about the $$ here) and I'm informed that I would have to pay 20% and they would like a deposit on that 20% for my Xrays - Oh HECK no - I'm not admitted, nor am I in the ER. I'm an outpatient. Well, I cut a break and was told that Blue Cross would have to make a call about it but lets get the Xrays done first.

So, its off to my final destination. A cold, sterile room with lots of fun gadgets. I'm greeted by this really attractive guy and my radar keeps going *confused* *confused* so rather than flirt, I play it cool. He's very meterosexual, so I'm not taking any chances. Nice guy - pleasant conversation. As I'm shoved left and right and my shoulder is posed, poked and prodded, my nerves go into overdrive. Then, the spine photoshoot - fun, fun. They even have murals on the ceiling. When I was a kid, all I had to look at was tiles, so this was an improvement.

Well, Mr. Lab Tech looks at my films and when I ask if everything was okay - his response - THE FACE! I ask him to tell me what's wrong, but he informs me that he can't do that since he's not a doctor, but assures me that my doctor would call me in 24 hours. All while still staring at the screen and refusing to look at me - now either they found the Hope Diamond in my shoulder or I got problems...

So with that, I'm off to go pop a painkiller and yes, I indulged in a little retail therapy to avoid flashbacks of the face. I'll update tomorrow.

Posted by Lys :: 9:00 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------