This Page

has been moved to new address

Shadow's Adventure...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Shadow's Adventure...

I've been meaning to blog about this. Last week, Shadow had a grooming appointment with this new service (well, new to me anyway) - Aussie PetMobile. These groomers come to YOU and groom your pet and - considering what I went through with PetSmart - love Love LOVE this service.

Quick backstory: Shadow went to PetSmart since we moved to Orlando and for the past couple of years she hated it. She used to have two groomers and both of them left - leaving a bunch of "characters" left to groom her. They would leave her in her bag for hours, groom her around dogs, roughly handle her and then they shaved her a couple times when I told them NOT to - she was to get a teddy bear cut and they wound up giving her a lion cut with a full face and full legs and naked every where else. Shadow hid for two days under the bed after that one. And I would pay $60 for this every few months - plus Shadow would soak me for about $30 in toys, not to mention bugging me for cookies and a plain cheeseburger no bun on the way back.

So when I found this service a couple weeks ago, it was like The Secret at work because I knew Shadow needed grooming but I didn't want to have to bring her back to PetSmart and upset her again. I was commenting to my dad that I saw on a tv show on the Fine Living Network that there were groomers that came to you but I didn't think to find a cat groomer like that in Orlando. There are tons of dog groomers but not cat groomers :::sigh::: Finding these guys was amazing as it was completely random - it was on S.R. 436 in Altamonte as they drove past me. I quickly wrote down their website & phone number on a notecard at the stoplight and the next day, I went to their website and booked an appointment.

Can I tell you that Dave & DeDe at Aussie PetMobile are FABULOUS!!! They came here last week and their grooming was top notch. Shadow was a bit scared in the beginning and PetMobile had already given me a heads up as to what would happen. They did a 15 step bathing process, clipped the nails, cleaned her ears and eyes and gave her a PERFECT haircut. She is BEYOND adorable (and petite!!). The clincher - when DeDe came up to bring Shadow back upstairs, Shadow actually ran up to her and headbutted her - Shadow's sign of affection.

Needless to say, this haircut cost me only a bit above what I spent at PetSmart but it was WELL worth it. I don't foresee Shadow going to any other groomer. They were done in an hour, did it outside of the apartment in a customized van and prompt and so nice! Definitely top notch!

If you are looking for a pet groomer - make sure to check out AussiePetMobile.com. You won't be disappointed - I Promise!!!

**Pictures are coming soon -promise!**

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 8:22 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------