This Page

has been moved to new address

The Power of the Boot...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Power of the Boot...


Ahhhh.. Sunday... the week has begun on a good foot (or in my case boot). I decided that work, again, was not an option and a day of shopping was in order. What the hell - its raining (beyond nastily may I add), there are malls to be had and so Roomie & I trotted out to the Downtown Mall to see what finds could be found... There is a story to the boot - no matter what you wear, a great pair of boots can transition day to night seamlessly. With the way I buy shoes, my roommate will swear I'm a distant relative of Imelda Marcos. There are shoe boxes lining my closet, outside my door (while I make room in my closet) and my shoe rack is full. I've started a new policy - buy a new pair of shoes/boots, I must donate one pair to charity or send a pair to the trash that I have beat to death. I absolutely love boots - brown, black, tan - send my way and I'm a happy gal.

Last month, I found these boots at Charlotte Russe and they did not have my size (surprise surprise). So today, to console myself from the events of last week, the Karma Police decided to toss a bone. As I was strolling down the hallway, I spotted a Charlotte Russe and voila - there were my boots, in my size in a gorgeous distressed brown leather color - and for $26.99. HELLO! $26.99?? Ok - yeah they won't last me a long time - maybe through a season or two, but still - hell $26.99 - where is the plastic?

So Roomie was looking at them with another expression on her face that spoke volumes like "Another pair of boots?" "Did you see this HEEL?" "Are you CRAZY".. all while going "EEHHHHH???" What the hell right ... its $26.99. What would have made the experience better - seeing "Buy 1, Get 1 1/2 off" like when I FIRST found these boots at the Florida mall.

However, with this pricetag - I will most likely be visiting the mall again this week to get them in Black. A girl can never have too many shoes, right? (or in my case - Boots!)

Posted by Lys :: 9:21 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------