This Page

has been moved to new address

Half Empty or Half Full

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Monday, November 28, 2005

Half Empty or Half Full

How do you look at life - is the glass half empty or half full? That's the question that seems to be sending my brain into overdrive today...

Monday - after a 4 day holiday is bound to be crazy, right? Well, today was WAY beyond that. This morning I'm all chipper because I'm heading into work early to work on a couple big projects, and as I start to go into work the dreaded "Check Engine" light goes on. I'm not your average girly girl. I can read the car manual and even know how to *gasp* jump start a car AND check my oil (Two gold stars please!). However I know well enough that when that stupid light comes on, the car needs to go into the shop.

Now before you ask, I'm due for an oil change, but I'm not 10k miles over, only a couple hundred and there *is* oil in the car. However, the car decided it wanted to sputter and buck so this girl hightailed it over to the dealer, all while having a service rep on the phone going "Okay sweetie pie, bring it in and we'll take a look at yo' problem". Maybe I'm *too* northern, and the sweetie pie and honey just kind of grates my nerves but, in talking with my father who knows car issues, he told me to realize that I now live in the South, do my best Jessica Simpson impression and see what happens.

WHAT HAPPENS? Ughhh.. I hate having to pull the Jessica routine. So, when I arrive, I informed the service man that because my car stalled a couple weeks ago, I did research and said proudly "I think its the fuel filter!" Boy did my proud balloon burst when he said "Honey, that engine light don't come on for no fuel filter. That's a problem with emissions or ignition". Now color me blonde, but let me do some thinking here. Emissions is associated with fuel and gas right? Emissions *could* be the fuel filter? But rather than go my normal, "Excuse me what did you say", I smiled ever so sweetly and said "Really? Ohhhhhh".

What was wrong with my car - For one - the Fuel Pump was recalled on the Mercury Cougar so that was free, saving me $600 +. However the coil system, computer and the EGRs (??) were not included, and apparently my fuel *cough* Emissions system was out of wack. All to the tune of $613.19 which included *insert drum roll here* A NEW FUEL FILTER!

Better than a bill for $1213.19, right? So I will go with the half full theory. Bonus - I can rest knowing that I can *actually* be nice - what a change, right? Even better bonus - Cingular credited my cell phone bill $60.00 for the international calls from the Bahamas!

See - Monday's aren't so bad after all!


Posted by Lys :: 8:54 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------