This Page

has been moved to new address

The Chipmunk Theory...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Chipmunk Theory...


I have come to the realization that there are two types of men: Chipmunks and Non-Chipmunks. The men who have not "emotionally" matured, are prone to chipmunk behavior. Now, before you go "WTF", let me explain the Chipmunk Theory to you.
A. once explained to me that men, much like chipmunks, seem to actively go into "girlfriend mode" in the fall and winter months, only to break up with the girl in the Spring/Summer season to see what action is going on.
A chipmunk, much like its cousin the squirrel, starts gathering its nuts in the fall for the long winter months and skips through spring and summer, enjoying the weather, only to bulk up for the winter months again come fall.
I have a friend, we'll call him Alvin - he's a great guy, however he seems to ONLY have a girlfriend during the fall/winter months. In the spring and summer, that boy is a carousing fiend. I ran into him the other day and that's when it dawned on me, Alvin is an epitome of a chipmunk, hoarding his women friends in the cold weather months, only to chuck them for new "finds" when the skirts get smaller and the air is warmer. Another friend of mine tells me he's made the decision that he wants to start dating again. He's looking to settle down. Through the spring and summer, he's been fancy free. Now that its winter, he's looking for a girl.
Now some men have refuted the theory, saying that why settle into serious relationships with the holidays i.e. Valentines Day and Xmas around. Hmmmm.. well, if its a habitual chipmunk type, he'll date a new girl every year or so and, because its a new relationship, no expensive gift is warranted. Come summer, he's out with his boys and hitting the beach.
Maybe I'm wrong and I hang out with a bunch of still college minded wackjobs. I haven't got a clue - that's why they are at "Status" which, in my book equals = No Way NO HOW! I'll tell you, my male friends provide some valuable insight into the workings of the male mind.
However, one disclaimer: if the guy starts SINGING like a chipmunk, run - run for God's sake, RUN!

Posted by Lys :: 9:34 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------