This Page

has been moved to new address

It Happened...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, February 03, 2006

It Happened...

The inevitable - the "I can't take it any longer or I'm going to go crazy breakdown" at work. I about lost my mind. While my boss was out and about, yet another ball was lobbied at my head with "Oh, Lys can do it". Well, that was it. I'm beyond fed up with the incompetence of co-counsel's staff and I made it known. We've got six weeks of hell ahead of us and to be told "Well, you're a smart cookie - you figure it out!" irked me beyond belief.. What I want to say is FIGURE THIS! all while conveniently flippin' the idiots off, however, in the interest of NOT losing my job, I will not (for now)...

Instead, I marched into my boss' office when she returned from yet another deposition (she's had a total of 10 in a 2 week span) and greeted her with, "You're out of town on Monday & Tuesday, right? Well, I'm taking Tuesday as a Mental Health Day because if I don't, hell will be a vacation compared to me". She agreed and my day off was granted, up UNTIL my other boss did a "oh - I need you to do such and such". When I protested saying that one of the other assistants could cover, I was told, 'Well, YOU know the case. She does not."

When we finally were able to leave at 7:30, I was I informed that my presence WILL be needed Sunday at 10:00 at the office. *sigh* and I had to bring home exhibits to review. Fun way to spend a Saturday, huh?

Thank god my team is not in the Superbowl. Then again, it can be asked when WILL the Eagles hit the SuperBowl- will hell freeze over first?You know, all that OT money is going straight to the bank because, come St. Patty's Day when this case gets put to bed, this gal is hopping a plane and headed back up north. So, BR & Meowmix, plan accordingly.

Posted by Lys :: 10:17 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------