This Page

has been moved to new address

Emotional Shopping is Not Good for One's Wallet...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, April 14, 2006

Emotional Shopping is Not Good for One's Wallet...

So, last night, yes I did the unthinkable - I went on an emotional shopfest... I was so mad that while driving home, I passed by the mall and this is how it started:

"Oh - wait, my sandals are at the shoe guy - let me just stop and pick them up to wear tomorrow". Then, as I park the car, I go to the cobbler, pick up my favorite sandals and have a revelation - "Oh, let me just take a peek at the shoes at Steve Madden - I'm sure I won't like them once I see them". I picked them up and put them down 4, count 'em 4 times, then left
Steve Madden thinking "Oh - let me just go check out Macy*s and see if they have them there". As I'm trotting down to Macy*s, I pass by one of my fave clothing stores that *lo and behold* there's a damn coupon - so in I go, out with 2 new tops that I don't necessarily adore (and they are going back, Dammit!) and a tank top to wear with my smaller size jeans...

THEN, as I'm trotting down to
Nine West, I see Sephora - quick pit stop - yeah, right. I walked out with this and this. THEN finally - Macy*s and they didn't have the shoes BUT they had a gorgeous Aqua blazer at 50% off.

SO, now it's 10 of 9, the mall is closing and I return to Steve Maddens. I proceed to pick up the shoes and put them down again, decide "Why the hell not" while computing how many days of ramen noodles are ahead of me - try them on and my heart broke - they looked PERFECT on. PERFECT I say, PERFECT and they were $10 off. SCORE! (well in my warped mind - hey every penny counts, right). So the
black patent Pawlas came home with me, along with a host of other stuff that I didn't necessarily need (and about 40% of it is going back tomorrow).

This morning as I'm getting ready to go into work, I was thrilled! The outfit was tres cute with my white cropped jacket that I got a few weeks ago, the new wife beater tank top and jeans with The Shoes.

Even better - I made a priceless discovery - I have a defined waist now - if only Stacey London & Clinton Kelly could have seen the outfit. You could really see the weight loss. They would, most definitely, make me return the two shirts I do not adore, but I think the shoes would have made the cut.

My wallet, however, is threatening me with a restraining order...

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 9:21 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------