This Page

has been moved to new address

Adventures in Shopping...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Adventures in Shopping...

Well, I had to pick up some must have items (well, in my book anywayz) for my Las Vegas adventure. I know this week is going to be hella crazy. So, after a lovely facial at Orlando Euro Day Spa & Salon (Xmas gift certificate from my boss), I was off to the Florida Mall.

First stop - JCPenny - I was in search of the perfect Black & White skirt, and found a gorgeous one with a hint of chocolate in it. I almost picked up this one as well, but thought twice. Bonus - Thanks to their sale today and a gift certificate from Visa Extras, said skirt was hardly a dent in my wallet. I am really impressed by some of the fashions that JCPenny has lately.

Sephora was on my radar, for the lovely limited edition Jonathan Create/Finish (Dirt, ReDo & Volume Foam - all in small travel sizes) set, along with his travel hair spray. They also had some gorgeous waterproof eye shadows by Bourjois, but since I'm staying next to the Sephora in Vegas, I'll just hop downstairs and try it out.

Macy*s was on the agenda, on the hunt for the perfect sleeveless blouse. Now that I'm down a size, I can button up the blouse and not worry about the boobs making it look all crazy. However, I'm really disturbed by Macy*s now. They refused to process my card as a credit (USAA gives us $$ back for using it like a credit rather than debit.) Not to mention, this idiot decided to tell me that Macy*s has a new policy. Starting January 1, 2007, ALL credit cards & debit cards are to have a pin. No more signatures. Oh HELL no - didn't they hear what happened to Office Depot who stored all the pins and then those idiots got hacked into? So, needless to say, Macy*s has lost my business from herein out. I'll be at Dillards.

Nordstrom's supplied me with the last tube of my now discontinued *tear* Smashbox gloss, Evoke, as well as my favorite Foot Petals (those Steve Maddens are too much after the *list* incident.). The salespeople there always go above and beyond. Also, yours truly was invited to a front row event from DuWop makeup in a couple weeks which includes *clap clap* a gift bag. I really can't rave enough about Nordys. They always go that extra mile. They even told me where they are in LV AND told me that the Vegas stores has a better selection than the Orlando store. (Note to Meowmix - Fashion Show Mall *is* on the agenda, right?)

Also, did you know Bath & Body Works carries Jonathan? I was talked into trying the Glossing Creme/Leave In Conditioner so we'll see.

One other disturbing item - I found some gorgeous Steve Madden pumps in turquoise (I know I know - they are the same as my black ones). However, in perusing the shoe stores, I noticed that Aldo has the same ones, as does Bakers, Guess, AND Jessica Simpson *blah*. They are all a knockoff of Christian Louboutin however, Aldo's is the ballsiest - they actually did their soles red. It will be a COLD day in hell before I EVER buy shoes or any other item of clothing, makeup, hair, etc. by Jessica *marketing overkill* Simpson. Anyhow - I resisted purchasing ANY shoes. I'll wait til Vegas for that. I've decided, shoes are my drug of choice.

Also, since WHEN does Juicy Couture and Guess think they are in the ranks of the big name bag places i.e. Gucci, Coach, Dooney & Burke, etc. The prices for their bags are OUTRAGEOUS. I saw a cheaply made Guess bag for the price of a great Coach bag. RE: Juicy - forget it - they had a bag for 850 bux that, up close, YUCK! Baby Fluffy is one thing - this monstrosity - I can SO do without, ever.

All in all, adventures in shopping were quite successful. Now I just have to go through the closet and make room for the new finds. Losing weight - its rather costly sometimes :) Not that I'm complaining or anything. 4 days and counting....

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 8:24 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------