This Page

has been moved to new address

My New Drink...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, June 03, 2006

My New Drink...


Well, I'm a sucker for anything with Captain Morgan, thanks to those lovely days back in college thanks to A. always sneaking it in the Coke for our 8 a.m. Criminal Justice classes as well as my lovely Captain & Diet Coke staples for social occasions. I always joke that I have a high immunity to Captain.

So last night, I'm out with the girls having dinner at the Cheesecake Factory after a particularly stressful week and discover a new gem of a martini (because, of course, y'all know I'm a sucker for those) - The Cable Car Martini.

Well, tonight after trying to make it unsuccessfully here at the house, I find the receipe online. And, delightfully enough, its one of the signature drinks at Nobhill at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, where I will be residing for 4 blissful days starting Thursday with Meowmix & friends.

Enjoy! I have a feeling Sarah over at the Pink Shoe Diaries might give this one a whirl!


Cable Car Martini

1½ ounces Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum
¾ ounces orange curacao
1½ ounces sour mix
½ ounce Bacardi 151 rum
¼ ounce cinnamon
¼ ounce sugar
Orange rind spiral
Mix rum, curacao and sour mix in cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Shake until chilled.
Dip rim of chilled martini glass in 151-proof rum.
Coat rim of glass with 50-50 mix of cinnamon and sugar.
Strain contents of shaker into glass and garnish with orange spiral

Posted by Lys :: 10:11 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------