This Page

has been moved to new address

Highs & Lows...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Highs & Lows...

Today was a day of ups and downs. I was supposed to get up early to take care of some errands, but silly me, I took a sleeping pill which meant that I would not arise from my coma until way later than anticipated. So as I'm cursing the morning I figured some shopping was in order. That is where it got pleasant - I got a $70.00 pair of jeans for $6.43. Yes, that's right $6.43. There was a huge sale, and armed with the option of buy one, get one 1/2 off, a bunch of items marked down to $9.99 AND a coupon for another $50.00 off, I got over $290.00 worth of clothes for, *drum roll please* $109.00. Happy with my bargain finds that would make my friends proud, I depart the store for my coffee fix and MY CAR STALLS!

I remain calm, start to pull over and there is a red light. I start the car again and we go a bit down the road and I hear "Putt Putt Putt" as it starts to stall again. I figure that my gas I have another 20 mi. til I HAVE to get gas but lo and behold, there is a Shell station there. That is like finding gold at the end of rainbow for this Irish gal. So, I fill up my tank and I decide to do the most un-girly thing I can.... I check my oil!

I've had the car for 3 years, mind you, and was grateful to never have had to have to pop the hood, until today. So, I check my oil and its near the minimum mark. Not good, not good at all. I know I'm supposed to check my oil every 3,000 miles, however, I just got lazy and keep putting it off..and off... and off... (you get the picture). Do you know that my car takes 5W-20 and the Shell station only had 10W-30. Boy was I a pissed puppy. Then, like another sign from heaven, I see "TARGET". They have to have my oil, right? WRONG! They only had 5W-30, not 5W-20. Maybe it was the newly added blonde to my hair, or the fact that I just faced hearing the typical male "You put WHAT oil in there - are you stupid" that I decided against it and called Jiffy Lube. Jiffy Lube tells me that they are about 10 minutes away from where I am, and the nerves of stalling out again on the busy street again hits.

Then, like another pot of gold, up ahead is a new sign as I'm turning to go to Jiffy Lube.... SHELL RAPID LUBE. Not only did the Shell guys do an amazing job switching out the oil, but they even were so kind as to not bust my chops that much for my remark that the oil hasn't be changed in a wee bit. Wee bit yeah right *LOL*. I even learned that here in Florida, the law requires that because of the hotter climate that 5W-30 be used in place of 5W-20. They even piped air conditioning in the car while I rocked out to my iPod. $40.00 later, I was off my merry way home with purchases in hand and my car not having the inkling to "putt putt putt".

How does the day end - we're racked with violent thunderstorms and this girl is paranoid about stalling her car out again. Now where is that DVD of Constantine?

Posted by Lys :: 11:02 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------