This Page

has been moved to new address

Having a Bree Moment

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Monday, December 05, 2005

Having a Bree Moment


Spring Cleaning? Try Winter Cleaning (or Pre-Lease signing cleaning) and I learned a few new things:

1) I do not have a self cleaning oven. However, I will testify to the fact that EZ-OFF is a damn good product. No Fumes, no mess and stuff was all gone in 2 hours. Plus - I barely USE the oven.

2) I've determined that the person who lived in the apartment before I moved in was an absolute DINGBAT! Who in the hell attaches a curtain hanger to a wall with SUPERGLUE?!?! Much like acrylic nails, with age moisture makes the glue lift and, in this case, taking part of the wall with the hanger. Uggghhh. However, I was able to hang up my new lavender sheers and am on the lookout for a window scarf holder that is not too ostentatious.


3) Hurricanes + Moisture = PAINT PEELING! In hanging up the curtains I noticed that all the paint around my windows has started to peel. Yes, I'm beyond busy and never look out the window in my room and keep the blinds drawn. Boy was I surprised. I got news for my complex manager - They WILL be replacing that as well as the rugs by the time I'm through. C'mon. We've lived here for five years. It's only fair, right?

4) If you are cleaning out the pantry, look for any items that might be shuffled near the edge, especially those of a sticky nature. Mrs. Butterworths met an untimely end in a puddle all over my kitchen floor much to my horror. Picture those movies where a person screams NOOOOO in slo-mo while running to catch the object? Well, I missed. Syrup. Everywhere. The Cat wanted to investigate. Picture me cleaning up the syrup while trying to clean the cat's paws so she wouldn't track it ALL over the rug. I think the sugar made the cat hyper. She was chasing her non-existent tail the rest of the evening.

I'm turning into Bree Van De Kamp from Desperate Housewives. This weekend had me resorting to moments where I was barking orders and white glove testing everything. I even, gasp, scrubbed down the cabinets and my fridge with my Mr. Clean Eraser (again - will testify strongly to its magical properties)and everything was sparkling.

Tonight - I'm rearranging everything. It just doesn't scream Martha Stewart Living, just yet.


Posted by Lys :: 4:05 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------