This Page

has been moved to new address

Espresso Martinis and a Small Town...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, March 17, 2006

Espresso Martinis and a Small Town...

Well I learned a valuable lesson. Never, and I stress NEVER get an espresso martini on a friggin' plane. That stuff tasted like swill. I've had college drinks that were way better than that $8.00 p.o.s. Ugh. And, as I told Bec, plane ride was okay, but the pilot could have driven a tad better. I like Delta Song, but today was a day where I just couldn't mobilize and get myself to packing.

Well, now that I'm here, I've realized that time for this town has seriously stood still. While flipping through the town paper, I see that this gal won for the "Citizenship Award" for St. Patrick's Day -she looked a tad familiar, couldn't place her and *wham* - it hits me - I went to high school with her. She was a couple years ahead of me and was best friends with this girl I couldn't deal with, Angela. Well, looks like this gal Kate has done very well for herself with three beautiful children and a thriving business. I'm sure my mom will tell me *all* about it. My mom is like Julie McCoy from the Love Boat for this town - she's on committees, social events, yada yada yada. Tres exhausting if you ask me.

Then, flipping some more - wedding announcements, birth announcements, etc and while reading this beauty column penned by a local - *wham* another familiar face - I swear its the woman who used to live across the street from me whose 4 kids I used to babysit in high school. The kids' names escape me now, but I do remember her one of her sons, Joseph, was a real badazz. When my best friend Justine died, I remember I was babysitting at her house that night when I got the call.

I'm debating whether or not to drop by the salon and see what's up. Mary Ann was an amazing woman. She went through an abusive marraige and nasty divorce and while her last name was unfamiliar in the article, I'm willing to bet that within a 99.9% chance it was her. However, should I drop by the salon - I will NOT let her give me a color/perm/nada. In 11th grade, she permed my hair and left the solution on way too long where I went from stick straight hair to wavy. Drives me nuts when I have to straighten it daily. Talk about hairdressers making a lasting impression.

Now - lets see how long til I get the requisite "So, you're not married yet?" b.s. Also, wish me luck - I'm pulling my old church records tomorrow so I'll let y'all know what happened with that mess. 9:00 I'm heading back - haven't been back to that church since 1989 so we'll see how that goes.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY PEOPLE!!!

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 1:55 AM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------