This Page

has been moved to new address

When I'm Wrong, I Say I'm Wrong...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, August 22, 2008

When I'm Wrong, I Say I'm Wrong...

Remember that line from Dirty Dancing, where Jerry Orbach told Patrick Swayze, "When I'm wrong, I say I'm wrong." Well, my friends, I have to admit that I was wrong.

I said Fay hits like a gal. I waxed poetic on how Fay ain't crap,remember the hurricanes of so and so years ago, what the heck is the news doing getting us all hyped up - for what. This storm moves slow, what's it waiting for? Blah. Blah. Blah.

Well, you know what, I was wrong.

Apparently, like the vengeful wench she was, she not only carried on the slow, subsequent torture but also is dumping so much water on us that I seriously wonder if my Cougar should be traded in for a canoe.

Yesterday, I woke up and there was no electricity. Hello - I have short hair now - must straighten it or I look like Big Orphan Annie. This morning - streets are flooded. Yeah, fun times, people. Fun times.

And they are saying "Be careful in standing water because there may be some critters up in there.". Critters as in Gators and Snakes. Snakes are meant for shoes and handbags, people - as are gators. Not to bite me on the ankle like I'm some KFC drumstick.

Of course, true to form, the 9to5 kept their doors open and I've decided - Dammit, I need a damn drink this weekend - if not two.

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 10:35 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------