This Page

has been moved to new address

Approachability...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Approachability...

Let me preface this with a brief explanation of the title. When I'm normally out and about with my friends or at a club, I have been told on more than one occasion that I appear "unapproachable". Maybe that's because I have worked in nightclubs for a good portion of my existence, but I'm actually nice when people speak to me.

So why is it that store clerks feel the need to tell me their whole life story? I have one grocery clerk I keep winding up with, and now I know her baby's got his shots, she lives with her boyfriend's mom, she has other kids not by said boyfriend and the boyfriend runs around on her but she "accepts it".

Tonight, while shopping in Macy*s to use up some gift certificates I had left over, I found a Nine West bag that I almost bought 2 weeks ago for $42.00 at the Nine West store. Today, it was marked down at Macy*s from $72.00 to $36.00 with 40% off of that. So after the gift certificates, said bag was $8.01. During this whole transaction I learned that the saleswoman's stepsister works for some "prestigious" firm downtown (never heard of it) and that she has a snake who "played dead" today only to emerge and stick its tongue out at her and that it was her son's snake but her son doesn't take care of anything and he's 15.

At Claires, while purchasing some hair clips & cute earrings, I got to hear how the assistant manager is fighting with her bank over some charges her stupid boyfriend made and she's looking for a new bank and wanted to know if I would recommend any.

Is there something about my face when shopping that says "please - tell me your life troubles". Does my face mirror a version of the Orlando Statute of Liberty with "give me your woes and heartaches"? I feel out of place because I know if I give the same advice that I would give my friends, I might hurt their feelings. My friends understand me and know that my bluntness is out of love and friendship. They know I have no tact. Well, I do, but sometimes.

Me - I'm too nice to be a bitch when caught in these situations. Go figure.

Posted by Lys :: 10:48 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------