This Page

has been moved to new address

The Grammys...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Grammys...

Did you see the Grammy awards tonight. I decided to watch and crack open a bottle of wine while lamenting that I should have gone into debt and went. And, made some jambalaya to go with the wine. It was a laid back, relaxed evening, and performances were amazing. From Madonna & Gorillaz, to Mariah (who I normally don't like but she did a great job), to the Sly Stone Tribute w/ Joss Stone, Will.I.Am, Fantasia, and Aerosmith to Christina Aguilera & Herbie Hancock and Kelly Clarkson. Two performances that really blew my mind were Jay-Z, Linkin' Park & PAUL MCCARTNEY and Kanye West & Jaime Foxx.

So during the whole night, I'm scanning the audience and see a number of familiar faces, including Jimmy Jam and once again was still dumbfounded. Last year I stood next to him and couldn't speak and tonight I see him on tv and pointed going "Oh My God - Jimmy JAM". What is it about that musical genius that strikes me starstruck. I've met a number of people over the years, but Jimmy Jam still strikes a cord of fear and awe.

Concluding with a amazing performance honoring New Orleans and inspiring words from Neil Portnow, NARAS President, I was just amazed at how fabulous the awards were this year.

So, it's a definite. Next year I WILL go. I just need to get my mojo back and get on the ball.


Posted by Lys :: 11:13 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------