This Page

has been moved to new address

Shopping Time...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Shopping Time...

In all the chaos from the last week, and in anticipation of the upcoming 6 weeks, I decided a little retail therapy was in order. No, not anything super fantabulous, but just really nice clothes that fit the new skinnier butt me. Having gotten compliments galore and the "Oh my god, you look great" remarks on my new jeans/outfit I wore yesterday, I decided to indulge my inner vanity mongrel and go shopping for appropriate work clothes.

I wound up getting 3 pairs of dress pants in my new size, pointy toed flats and a new blazer and I felt like a proud "What Not To Wear" graduate and found myself looking at clothes going "this passes the test". I did nothing but pirouette in the dreaded 3 way mirror in shock at how I really am down a size and even those are fitting a little loose. Don't worry - all three pairs of pants AND the blazer were on sale and this girl walked away with over $185.00 worth of clothing for.... $71.00. These are all quality items that are well made and will last for some time.

Not only that, but my feet are down a half size (could that be possible?) I have worn a 10 since I was a teen and Nine West had a gorgeous pair of flats in a 9.5 and they fit like a glove. I was shocked. I figured that the flats are necessary since I'm going to be running around like a banshee so they'd be good to alternate with my stillettos. And the flats were also on sale for $39.99 marked down from $130.00. Not bad for a little retail therapy, right?

SO today, this girl will ALSO be cleaning out my closet of the clothes that I have (and haven't) worn for years that are at the bigger sizes. Maybe someone else will love them as much as I did. Last week I conducted an initial experiment and as of today, I sold 6 of my seven auctions on Ebay and will be listing a bunch of other finds. And that money will fund some of my new smaller work wardrobe ;)



Posted by Lys :: 3:20 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------