This Page

has been moved to new address

Buddy is NOT my buddy.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Buddy is NOT my buddy.

Warning - I'm going to rant today (its a long one) so grab a cup of coffee and read on...

I am LIVID… stress LIVID with our mayor, Buddy Dyer. He calls this the "city beautiful" and, just recently, I have come to appreciate living here in Orlando. I may not like that stupid rat they call Mickey, but other than that, I enjoy the sunshine and 80 degree weather in the Winter. I like the fact that I can drive 3 hours and go to Miami should I choose to and I love the Millenia Mall, my second home. So, when I hear the stupid things this man does, it shouldn't come as a surprise to me because, as I always said, he's an idiot. I've met Mr. Mayor around town, seen him going from place to place and now, should I run into him again, we're going to have a nice little discussion. Yes, I voted for his opposition, Mr. Mulvaney. I voted for Mulvaney for a number of different reasons, but most of all because I agreed with his vision for Orlando's future.

Of course, Mr. Dyer won the election but then there was some whole scandal re: election fraud or something where I remember the morning show guys joking that they had his mugshot as a screensaver. Okay - eventually he was returned to power and life goes on…

THEN he gives Paris Hilton a key to the city. Wait.. Correction… HE didn't give the key - one of his Councilwomen (against his advice, supposedly) gave a key to the city to Ms. Hilton - why - because Paris decided to "open a club" here called, of course, Club Paris. Paris wasn't even HERE on TIME to get her key - her SISTER had to pick it up. Paris showed up 6 hours late. Whatever. Now Paris, as we were all told, is supposed to be here every few months to support her club, however, as learned from her recent deposition, she basically uses the club to route her phone calls and we've only seen her around town once. Glad the Orlando phone system could help! But that's not the reason for my rant.


I learned Monday morning that Orlando is hosting a "Neo-Nazi" rally. Better yet, Orlando is going to let these guys be armed AND march in one of the bad sections of the city. AND here's the kicker. These Nazis don't even LIVE here. They are here to protest crime in OUR city, but they don't reside here. They have no connection to Orlando. They are flying in this week and Saturday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Downtown Orlando is their stomping ground.

The Mayor's office says that 20 - 30 Nazis will be here - my guess is much more than that will show up. This is the same group of idiots that started drama in Toledo last year. So they want to come here to the land of Disney, protest OUR crime on OUR streets in a section of the city where they will most assuredly get a negative response and, judging by this group's previous efforts, more than likely, residents of Orlando will be injured? Wow - how does that make SENSE?

So, yesterday, when I called the mayor's office to find out what the HELL was he going to do, what am I told? "There is nothing he can or will do about it". His assistant then tells me that they refuse to take a position on the matter AND, in a show of blatant arrogance, I'm told that Orlando citizens are to "stay in our homes". What. The. FUCK!

I'm to stay in MY home because Buddy Dyer is going to let a bunch of idiotic racist pigs in our city to protest OUR CRIME RATE, idiots that don't even live here in Our City Beautiful? And even funnier - the day before this story REALLY breaks, here's Buddy talking about how he hopes that the businesses on Parramore Street will be revitalized. Sure Buddy, send in the Nazis, you idiot.

I politely told the dingbat assistant that she better put her PR team on watch because with our mayor's stupid actions, this takes the cake. He could have done something. Rather than pointing fingers and saying "Well, I didn't sign the permit" or taking that position, he's still our MAYOR. He, or someone in his office, most assuredly could have challenged it in Court. He could have fought for them to pass through a metal detector rather than backing down. Most of all, Buddy Dyer COULD HAVE TAKEN A STAND!

He didn't let Orlando have a gay pride parade, but sure, he'll let the Nazis march. I see. And, just to boost our tourism rate, I'm sure the Nazis will love a great family day at DisneyWorld. Hell, they might even go to SeaWorld or Universal Studios. More tourism dollars for Orlando. Sure, Buddy, go for it. While you're at it, Buddy, why don't you just tell them to move on in. *rolls eyes* When the first citizen of Orlando is hurt, injured or, god forbid, dies, in relation to this Neo-Nazi rally, that blood is on BUDDY's hands.

Personally, I'm all for Freedom of Speech, but when I see discrimination, I GET LIVID! I have friends of all races and orientation and I don't think it's fair that because our mayor doesn't appear to have a spine, people could be hurt. My friends and I have to see this crap on the news. Our citizens could be put in possible harms way from a bunch of punks whose parents were IMMIGRANTS themselves. Yes, you heard me right. Mostly everyone in America is an immigrant. Think about it. Everyone has a right to reside here. America is the home of the free and the land of the brave. EVERYONE is equal. People DIE trying to immigrate here, but these dingbats with this whole "white power" bullshit are trying to speak for ME and insinuate that all white people think like this. I'm offended.

My great grandparents emigrated here from Ireland. They came here and were so grateful to have a chance at a brand new life. My great grandfather is a full blooded Blackfoot Indian and NEVER did he ever say that it was HIS land. He was a very peaceful man and welcomed everyone. If anyone has the right to bitch, IMO, it is the Indians, but that's a story for another day. But these Nazis come into MY town and try to speak for me and others about crime in OUR streets and our Mayor won't do a damn thing!

Sorry if I am taking too much time on my soapbox, but I feel very strongly about this. This is my opinion and I am entitled to it. Basically, by his actions, Buddy Dyer will NEVER get my vote, EVER, and I will gladly support whoever runs against him, that is unless they are a certain rat (Mickey) or a Nazi. Other than that, we need new blood.

Buddy is NOT my buddy!

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 3:37 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------