This Page

has been moved to new address

National Pancake Day...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, February 26, 2006

National Pancake Day...

I just read that February 28th is National Pancake Day and that IHOP is celebrating this "holiday" by giving everyone pancakes. I swear, I just broke out in a cold sweat. I. Hate. Pancakes.

I rarely, stress RARELY, ever eat pancakes and have refused to since I was a child. Now, my grandfather's corn fritters are a totally different story, but pancakes, YUCK!

In 1st Grade, at St. Helwig's school in I think Waterbury, CT, they would serve Pancakes for lunch every flippin' Wednesday. I would beg and plead with my mother to actually do her motherly duty and make a brown bag lunch (which, if you had ever had my mother's cooking is like asking for a game of russian roulette) but I was willing to put my stomach at risk if only to avoid those damn pancakes. I was grateful to go to Holy Cross in New Britain the next year and they did not believe in serving pancakes, ever. Not even on Wednesdays.

To this day I cannot have them. I will not have them. I do not want them.

I'd rather have green eggs and ham or my mother's cooking!

Posted by Lys :: 2:32 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------