This Page

has been moved to new address

The Bubble Gets Wider...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, March 17, 2006

The Bubble Gets Wider...

I've come to notice that while I have survived Day 1 of Family Visit, my mother is certifiable. She's done lost what little marbles she has had left. Needless to say, I'm breaking out tomorrow to spend some time with BR, Meowmix & Bec or else she's going to drive me to drink...

Some things have NOT changed *sigh* And with the bitter cold up here, I have a new appreciation for Orlando. I did, however, get a killer Dior(esque) bag which I will have to post. Though picking up the bag was an adventure. Apparently my mother is a *valued* customer and we were led to a special room where other people could not venture. I wanted to sound like Julie from the Real World New York (1st Season) and ask "Is there drugs in here?" Talk about covert operations.

However, upon entry, in that room was designer knock off nirvana. They had the latest Dior, Gucci, Vuitton, Chanel and Coach so I pull out the shopping tricks and tips that I've learned over the years. I'm there investigating the seams and interiors, flipping things over and my mother remarks "How did you learn to tell a good knockoff from a bad". DOH! I learned from my mother and her best friend Mo at the young age of 14. How easy she forgets the lessons she taught me.

I can tell a Grucci from a Gucci or a decent Dior from a not so decent. I'm not a Prada fan but my chanel - so cute. Plus one of my friends works for Christian Dior and I know I did good when I can get past her eagle eyes ; ) When it comes to shopping, I have a black belt. For 40% of the cost of what I would have paid online at either Ebay, IBid or one of the "inspired" sites, I got a gorgeous brand new Dior bag and sunglasses and they are locating a wallet for me. Pictures are forthcoming...Don't worry - I won't get all BryanBoy! One day, I will afford the real thing, but for now - I'm happy with my "inspired" accessories to alternate with my NineWest and Coach items.

Ahhh.. to shop or not to shop - that is the eternal question...

Posted by Lys :: 11:56 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------