This Page

has been moved to new address

Party Time!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, April 27, 2007

Party Time!

It's been a hellacious couple of weeks - hell, the past few days have been beyond stressful but, in the interest of NOT getting Dooce'd - let's just say no amount of Calgon, Merlot OR shopping could have lifted my mood.

However, tomorrow is my housewarming and, after looking at my clock, today is the housewarming - oops. Where does the time go. I spent the evening in Costco and what a godsend that place is. You name it, they have it. I even fell in love with a patio set in there that is PERFECT for my new place. Did I buy it - not yet and it will not be here in time for the soiree today, however I'm planning on mid-May on making that purchase. I saw chairs that were like the one I found for $300 EACH. The set had 2 chairs, two ottomans and a small resin wicker coffee table for about $289.00. Now tell me that isn't a bargain. However, I did purchase a ton of food, some premade gourmet appetizers, good deals on cheese for the cheese plate (Sarah - no luck on the manchego), and the liquor store coughed up some wine, beer and Cuervo Margarita Mix. Plus we've got a ton of alcohol previously. Pretty much, the bar is stocked. My complex is going to think I have issues. I just love to entertain (I think - I reserve the right to change my opinion so, please, don't quote me).

In lugging all the booze upstairs to the new abode, I ran into my neighbor who had a good giggle when I told her "sorry - you caught me stocking the bar". In a gesture of being neighborly, (and also, making sure to NOT get the party shut down), I invited her over for a cocktail tomorrow so we'll see. She seems really nice. And, it's always good to know someone in the building in case of emergency.

Friday is a non-work day so, the morning is set aside for cleaning and prep - I have appointments in the early afternoon and, then on the way home, I'm picking up a few last minute things and come 7:00, the guests shall arrive.

I'll make sure to take pics of the spread And, many thanks to y'all for your suggestions and all your help! I really appreciate it and I'll let you know how it goes - I just can't believe I'm going to work with puff pastry *EEKS!*

If y'all don't hear from me on Saturday - either I ran off with the cute cop downstairs or send bail money...

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 12:31 AM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------