This Page

has been moved to new address

Fashion Challenge No. 3 Strikes Again...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, April 20, 2007

Fashion Challenge No. 3 Strikes Again...

Sarah issued Fashion Challenge No. 3 and I couldn't back down... Her rules: "Find an expensive designer outfit and recreate it for under $100".

Now - here's where I twisted it up a bit.

  1. It had to be an outfit that I would love to buy;
  2. It had to be based on a outfit that is for a "real size" actress (read, not Nicole Ritchie Skinny Mini size); and
  3. I had to have coupons or sales or something because, as you know, when one is plus sized, that extra yard of fabric for a Size 16/18 well - those lovely retailers love to tack on an extra $20+ or so.

SO - With that, may I present my style subject - Sara Ramirez from Grey's Anatomy. This shot was taken at a Grammy Party for Verizon Wireless and, the outfit - TO Die! I would rock that in a club in a heartbeat or out to dinner or hell - even shopping. However, the top that she's wearing - well, try finding that plus sized. Not happenin' (well it did during the winter but Lane Bryant was totally sold out). SO, with that in mind, here are my choices:


The top, courtesy of Lane Bryant - Sheer black flutter sleeve top. Gorgeous. And, Lane Bryant is offering 20% off purchases. Price: $44.50 - $8.90 = $35.60

Jeans, courtesy of Lane Bryant - Blue/black Boot Cut - perfection! Again, we've got 20% off and they are on sale. Price: $29.99 - $6.00 = $23.99

Now with that we need to rock a great pair of shoes, right... Payless is having their BOGO sale so that means we need to find a bag as well..


These delish rhinestone strappy sandals. Price: $19.99


And let's pop it with a clutch, shall we - this little lovely leopard number. Price: $14.99 - $7.50 = $7.49

Total Price over all: $87.07

Let's twist it up some more... let's see what the cash back totals are:

Total Cash back: $3.99


OVERALL TOTAL PRICE: $83.08

I think it falls within the Clinton/Stacey WNTW Rules as well, non? Now that I'm all shopped out, this gal needs a Starbucks Fix!

Happy Shopping! (And if you take the challenge, let me know - I'm curious now!)

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 12:31 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------