This Page

has been moved to new address

Making The First Move...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Making The First Move...

I've pretty much been holding my emotions at bay but I finally let loose last night. I have made no secret of it that things have been pretty stagnant here and, when I find an opportunity to move on with my life to do something different, factors step in and, basically, block me from pursuing. Some of which, I know, is my own internal radar going "Wait a minute, you know that you can't volunteer due to XYZ" or what I've learned (and oft. suspected) blockage by others to serve their own needs and not for the good of my own interests. However, rather than let my anger go from a simmer to a boil, I've decided that I need to take my own interests to heart and chart my own destiny - rather than what one might chart for me.

In long talks with my family and my close friends, they've heard my frustration and they heard my annoyance with the status quo. Through their constant support and unwavering faith in me, I've made the decision to take the bull by the horns so to speak. I've thought long and hard this weekend and I'm going to break this barrier and the first person to try and stop me from achieving my goals will definitely see my temper. I know I have to stay in some situations only because of circumstance but once those circumstances are taken care of, I can move forward.

Now, I have a huge goal in front of me that I'm breaking into tiny pieces. Obviously, I can't detail it all here but now I have a bit of a plan (and a spreadsheet) in place, I can start to put things into play. I think once the ball starts rolling, it will begin to move fast and furious and I have to think "Lys, are you really prepared for this? Have you really thought this through?" and I can say with all honesty, I have.

Joel Osteen said something that when we stop growing and learning, we grow stagnant and I have to agree with that wholeheartedly. I've always said that when I stop learning, I get bored and, to tell the truth, I've been bored for far too long. I'm not challenged or inspired. And I am way too young to just accept the status quo and plod along bored and unchallenged.

Now, I'm off to go work on that spreadsheet while I figure out what's my first move.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 3:48 PM :: 5 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------