This Page

has been moved to new address

The Nerve Of Some People...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Nerve Of Some People...

This morning, I decided that I was going to start going through the mountains of CDs that I've acquired over the years so I can add them to my iTunes and start figuring out what goes and what stays as I'm on Operation DeClutter (and I didn't want to figure out what 5 pairs of shoes I was going to relinquish custody of yet)

I grabbed an ice coffee and sat my behind in front of the CD rack and would go through each and every one of them. I would open them up, those that were still unwrapped (I had a lot of promo cds sent to me back in the day) would go on eBay, those that were destroyed would go in a pile and I'd make a note if I really wanted the CD to check the 'net/eBay/etc. to find it.

Well, as I'm going through my CDs, I noticed that many were either missing from the case (which a birdie was famous for borrowing and just leaving loose on top) or, even worse, in the wrong case or doubles in the case. i.e. Billy Idol was in my Rockell case, Brownstone in Brenda K. Starr. Seriously, it was unnerving. What's worse is that I noticed that a good portion of my clients' cds were empty but the cases were left. And we're talking some rare CDs from the 80s that you can't get without paying a pretty penny on eBay. Sure, I get annoyed and all but still - those CDs were mine. All of JoeZ.'s compilation cds that he was on in the 90s, empty or seriously damaged. My client's work on a Mary J. Blige CD - CD missing, and he won a Grammy for that work. Basically, my client portfolio has been raided, severely.

What really really irks me is a cache of one album that I busted my BUTT promoting - all those are gone, just the cases remain. What. The. @*@*#*#!@*@* Seriously? I mean, I have the CD on my iTunes but dammit, my name is in the liner notes and I want the full CD for my portfolio. (MB - you know exactly what CD I'm talking about). So I'll be buying a couple new copies from Amazon but boy am I fuming at the audacity of someone. Trust me when I say, should I ever see that person again, it's not going to be pretty...

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 1:14 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------