This Page

has been moved to new address

No Summer Break For The Weary...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, June 04, 2009

No Summer Break For The Weary...

Or, in the alternative, Wiggs is going to school...

No, you read that right - Wiggs is going to enjoy the majority of his summer going to training school.  I hit the end of my rope this morning.  Every day it's something - he's chasing the cat at 4:30 in the morning.  He won't do his business before work, often resulting in an accident in the house that greets me when I get home.  He's the complex police, often distracted to see what everyone else is doing and his ADD kicks in.  He tends to "puppy nip" people, not realizing his own strength, has been swiping TooJays fries from me and let's talk about his ambushing 3 year olds with kisses, scaring said child from ever petting him.  His social graces are lacking, to say the least and when I took a behavioral exam to see where he fell in the "does he need training or not" test, he got a D.

My dad, ever the optimist said "Brandy [my childhood St. Bernard] got an F.  He got a D.  See, there's hope".  Action was needed and I took matters into my own hands.  There are only so many "BAD DOG" reprimands a gal can say before losing her damn mind.

So tonight I spent some time talking to a dog trainer and Wiggs is going back to school.  I just wonder who's going to be trained more - me or Wiggs.  Our first class is June 27th and it's 3 flippin' hours.  Until then, I'm to keep an eye on the little monster and see where he needs help.  I feel less on the brink of a breakdown after talking with the trainer - he seems like the Dog Whisperer of Altamonte so this should be good.  However, he clued me in that pugs are VERY smart (and sneaky) so Wiggs best learn I'm wise to his kung fu.

Someone please send coffee - I'm going to need it.

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 12:16 AM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------