This Page

has been moved to new address

Adventures in Carpentry...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, October 16, 2009

Adventures in Carpentry...

One of the joys of moving was the purging I did at the Altamonte apartment.  However, part of the purge was the p.o.s. bookshelves that housed my books for years.  I figured I'd start fresh here in Philly - plus the bugs love that daggone particle board.  That way I wouldn't have any stragglers (more on that later)...

TarJay was having a huge sale and part of the sale were 3 shelf bookshelfs for $16.00 - perfect - I could use that for my cookbooks.   Today, after having quite the convo with someone who seemed to think that I was just your typical blonde, I decided to assemble the bookshelf and work out that brainpower (seriously - you want me to take a PAYCUT AND pay city/state tax - I. Don't. Think. So).

I'm convinced that forget waterboarding - these "easy to assemble furniture pieces" are disguised as Chinese torture assembly devices.  Put Part A in Part B - use dowels in Part E to attach to Part C - Twist your arm while trying to fit in Part H Blah Blah Blah.

Needless to say I have a third of a daggone shelf built, one screw that was protruding that I had to pull out and no way to attach the side panel to make the shelf complete.  P.O.S. I tell you.

I'll be working on this for a bit longer but trust me, I'll be cursing like a sailor during the entire assembly process while Wiggy "supervises" from his perch on the couch.

So NOT how I imagined a Friday...


Posted by Lys :: 4:42 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------