This Page

has been moved to new address

Emerging From The Chaos of Boxes...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Monday, September 28, 2009

Emerging From The Chaos of Boxes...

Can I say this was the move from hell?  Seriously - Move. From. Hell.  Y'all know I had that last final work project which continued on and on and on, burning me out to the point of no return.  I was exhausted only to have to pack up 7 years of my life in Florida into a 17' UHaul.  Thank god for my family and friends who saved my butt and pitched in with helping me pack up the apartment.  Looking back, perhaps we should have gotten the 24' however somehow we got everything SQUEEZED into the truck & the Cougar and drove up the east coast to my lovely new neighborhood of Manayunk in my favorite city of Philadelphia.

I know, I've been a horrid blogger as I'm still drained - however, I do have some funny moving stories which I'll try to rehash as I get my feet wet getting back into the blogging world. 

To paint a pic of the chaos I'm facing - my kitchen is only 1/2 done.  I JUST found my coffee maker and I've been here a week.  My clothes are still in boxes - I think I've unpacked 7 boxes of my 13 closet boxes.  Go figure.  My first meal I could cook here on my schmancy new gas stove - yeah, it was a batch of rice and hamburger for the dog & cat who are having their own issues "adjusting" to the water up here.  Quite mortifying to meet my new landlord face to face when I'm looking like a hot mess and my dog has quite the need for a little Pepto. (yeah, I know - TMI!)  But I'm relaxed more than I've been in a long time and quite calm in my city.  I haven't had the chance to slap Ant or Rifleman upside their heads yet but give me time.

So bear with me and I promise to tell y'all the story of the Toasty Marshmallow on Moving Day and the Vet who Overdosed my Dog... both of which were ummm.. not fun.  Thankfully the dog is fine and no marshmallows were harmed.  The Vet, however, the jury is still out on that one.


Posted by Lys :: 11:42 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------