This Page

has been moved to new address

I Got Sucked In....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

I Got Sucked In....

Whenever anyone asks me what traits I get from my mom, two things come to mind, my ice coffee addiction AND shopping skills.

My mom has some great style, and when I was younger I remember her and her friends taking me to NYC for shopping at some of the best places. School shopping was always an adventure. At the age of 17, my father told my mother, ENOUGH and her plastic was nixed. She then turned around and developed an addiction to QVC.

Since then, I've found myself thinking before I buy big ticket items and resisting the urge to watch anything that is home shopping. I do not want to turn into my mother. However, tonight I got sucked into the vortex that is called QVC.

My mother called me this evening as I'm assembling the new vacuum cleaner and tells me, "Honey, that hairstylist you love is going to be on QVC - Jonathan Something? You should call and give a testimonial." I tell her I'll tune in and get the number for the testimonial. Why not call in to give his products a plug? It's only fair for the months of great hair he's given me, right?

However, my mother left out one important thing - she didn't tell me it was a block of beauty products. It's Sephora on TV. They have Philosophy, Smashbox and Mally Beauty in addition to Jonathan. I. Must. Resist.

I couldn't give a testimonial about Jonathan, but everyone knows that I love this man's products. My hair is so healthy now and I have not used hairspray in 4 months. 4 months people - for a former high hair queen, that's a lifetime. So tonight, I sat there transfixed as I watched him work his magic on the models and learned a few new tips. (FYI - Dirt can be used as a conditioner BEFORE you blow out your hair to make it smoother and straighter - I didn't know that).

I should have shut off the tv then, however then I see Molly Rancal, makeup artist to Thalia, J-Lo and Beyonce. I'm intrigued. She's doing a smoky eye. Next thing I know, I'm logging online to purchase this, regardless of the 4 other types of kits I already have. Thank god sanity took over and I didn't finish checking out, however I will be keeping my eyes open for her products at Sephora.

QVC is now officially turned off at my house. However, I still have great hair :)

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 9:40 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------