This Page

has been moved to new address

New Appreciation...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New Appreciation...

I have a new appreciation for Orlando, even with Mayor Roly-Poly ;) Getting off the plane yesterday, I'm surprised I didn't kiss the ground and give thanks for the 80 degree weather, normal (somewhat) drivers and even the lizards. There was no snow, no cold and I could put away the boots for open toed shoes again. Ahhh.. How I missed the land of the damn rat.

All in all, trip was good except for my mother laying some serious emotional guilt trips right before I left and, as if right on schedule, by the 3rd day she was looney. There is a reason why I am not close to her. I'd go more into detail but my emotions took a hell of a beating yesterday so I'm honestly zapped out.

I loved getting together with BR, Meowmix, Tra and Bec and good times were had all around. I didn't totally break the bank and was pleasantly surprised to find that I dropped another size when I was shopping. Boy was I a happy puppy. And, as an added bonus, I am unscathed by my mother's cooking - why? Because I've mastered the art of pushing the food around the plate and citing "Not hungry, sorry" and leaving it at that. My mother cooks with an abnormal amount of grease and wonders why she gained so much weight in so little time. She won't listen to me. Whatever.. I tried. Now I'm not getting all Olsen or anything, just trying to be a tad more responsible when it comes to eating.

So all in all, good experience (for the most part) and I'm sure I'll have a few more reflections this week but I did learn a few things… I'm glad I did break out of Western Mass. I'm learning that our experiences shape our world and, while I might bitch, whine and moan about the Rat, I've learned to adapt. I've grown up quite a bit since back when I lived up north and am rather happy with how things turned out.

And, to boot, I have awesome friends both up there and down here. I am truly blessed!


Posted by Lys :: 12:17 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------