This Page

has been moved to new address

Like a Gerbil In It's Cage...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Like a Gerbil In It's Cage...

I don’t know what is going on, but lately I’ve been experiencing the “blah” factor - you know - when you really aren’t motivated and are content to plod through until you get your 7th wind. I would love to think this is not burnout (or an aftereffect of burnout) but there is a strong possibility that life is really trying to kick my butt into gear.

There is so much ahead of me with holiday parties, my father coming to town, Shaddy’s annual Santa visit, doctor appointments (whoo hoo - stress test - can you HEAR the sarcasm), holiday shopping, putting up the tree, finding an apartment, trying to get a second job (because I’m *bored* but really am intrigued by the employee discount), packing up my apartment, sifting through the stuff, putting the unwanted items on Ebay, along with working my normal 9-6 with a “yea” attitude. It’s enough to make this blond go a bit cuckoo.

So - I’m thinking there has to be a day when I can just play hooky of sorts, barricade myself away from the world and just not deal. However - I don’t think there is such a thing and, if there was, only government employees would be able to enjoy such a day. I’m not that lucky.

A few bright spots is the fact that I have my *first* apartment go-see this week. I’d comment more but I don’t want to jinx it. Will give you a heads up after I meet with them. My Nigella pot came in 4 days early - can’t wait to put that to use. Also - I’ve got more of a handle on my bills - the holiday season is the worst. I’m taking it easy with the gift shopping. Only a few friends & family this year. I spent a bit more in Western Mass than I had planned, so ouch is a big term. Oh well. I want to get my spending and budgets back on track - or at least kick off 2007 with Suze Orman’s principles in use. That might be a good thing - you think?

Posted by Lys :: 6:05 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------