This Page

has been moved to new address

Lazy Saturday...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Lazy Saturday...

While I had something scheduled for every weekend this month, the shoulder has prompted me to be a cancelling wench and just rest this weekend. So, I'm holing myself up like a hermit (after I get my ice coffee - I'd make it but every time I make it, it's not the same!), popping my Motrin and resting. Yes, I said it - MOTRIN. It would have been my prescription that my lovely MD called in from the Golf Course, but thanks to something called a lovely insurance plan - I saw the price on the prescription that barely works (Skelaxin) and it gave me gray hair. $277.00. Yes, you read that right - almost the price of my comfy chair for 90 pills to be taken 3x a day for 30 days which, by all past tries, barely works! I blew a gasket at the Pharmacist (sorry for that) and the lowest United Healthcare could do was $243.00. The good thing is the pharmasist knew that I normally paid $30.00 and when she saw my card she said "UNITED. Oh my god I'm so sorry!". Yeah - that's comforting. Needless to say, I refused to get them and told her nope. I walked out of Costco also leaving behind Cat Cora's new cookbook & Entourage S. 3 (You know I was p.o.'d then!).

Well, United and I had a little "discussion" yesterday and we're not getting along famously. Actually - we're not getting along AT ALL since Brian, the CSR rep that I finally talked to after their stupid computer automated attendant gave me a quasi-attack, decided that he was "all knowing and had an attitude so yup, you know he and I had words. Words that were not pleasant. And, to make it even more amusing, he made the inclination that I should have known since I chose the plan. Umm... Bump You Brian! My options were somewhat lacking so whatever.

So I have a doctor's appointment on Monday but my thoughts are to tell my MD, Mr. Pill-Prescriber, what bridge to jump off of and strength train that shoulder myself. I'll find another primary care doc here in Altamonte. And, while United and I are stuck together for the remainder of the year - I'll be damned if they will ever get more than my normal allotted paycheck draw. Idiots!

My dad and SL both had a great prescription - WINE! So that's on the agenda! And I'm working on my closet - but I'm NOT tossing around ANY boxes this week. It's time to start taking care of oneself and I must thank Brian for giving me the inspiration to tell United to jump off a tall cliff into a short lake.

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 1:20 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------