This Page

has been moved to new address

Confession Time...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Confession Time...

I have a confession. I have the right to recant this or, on a whim, just change my mind back to my prior musings.

I'm bored with ... Coffee. Yes, you read that right - the coffee addict is kinda bored with her coffee. I love[d] Pumpkin Spice, but after the desire for yet another Blueberry Iced Tea thing,* it seems too much for me (right now). Perhaps I'm still in a summer mood frame (tho with slowly growing fall wardrobe). Perhaps I just need a change. All in all, lately I just haven't felt that morning drive for a cup o' joe. I haven't been entirely bitchy when I haven't had my daily dose of java. I even haven't freaked out when I haven't been able to a lunch or 20 minutes and run across the street for some peace and quiet. And it's not just Starbucks, it's any ice coffee/coffee/Dunkin' Donuts/McD's, etc.

What led to this revelation? Well, last night, I went to the Altamonte Mall to use up a Barnes & Noble coupon that expired. In wandering through Macy*s, Lane Bryant, Bakers and a few other stores, I passed the 'Bucks and, out of habit, I stopped for a Pumpkin Spice Nonfat Iced Latte. In sipping my coffee, I just realized that "hmmm.. not lovin' the stuff as much". It might be an after effect of this damn cold/flu/bug/hellvirus or perhaps my body is on caffeine overload. (I went almost a week without coffee) The feeling still stayed with me today when I did the "cheapgal's latte" (9to5 provided café latte from their espresso machine - not super good but it suffices when I can't leave) and tossed a little pumpkin spice creamer into it.

Someone call the doctor - there must be something wrong. After 35** years on the sauce, I've NEVER felt like this.

*Apparently Starbucks was not prepared for the success of the Blueberry Iced Tea and ran out! This is my notice to them: BRING IT BACK! You would think, as a stockholder, my word would carry a little bit of weight - notsomuch! Seriously, Starbucks just needs to add that to the menu more than some of their other offerings.

** My mother had ice coffee all while pregnant with me - so I consider myself an addict from before birth.

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 12:12 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------