This Page

has been moved to new address

The Sweet Stuff...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Sweet Stuff...

Today, I decided to crash for a bit on the couch, and decided to watch Food Network's "Food Wars". It was one of those lazy moments where I just did NOT feel like changing the channel, not because I was super interested in the show, but I didn't feel like challenging my hand to find the remote. We'll call it my "guy moment".

Tonight they showed the Food Wars between Ice Cream (Ben & Jerry's/Hagan Daz) and the Cola Wars (Coke v. Pepsi). I already have my favorites between the two. While my uncle prefers Pepsi and I drank Diet Pepsi growing up, I'm more of a Diet Coke gal. (Diet Coke with a bit of Captain Morgan is even better!). Ice Cream - I like both Ben & Jerry's & Hagan Daz. I'm not super picky - I have favorites in both brands and they offer the light/non-fat versions which makes me very happy.

Then they went onto candy companies and let me tell you - the nostalgia wave hit. They showed Dylan Lauren's "Dylan's Candy Bar" as well as brands such as Reeses/Hersey's, The Sky Bar and those daggone candy dots from Necco (Did you know they were made in Cambridge Massachusetts?). Now, I'm a sucker for Reese's Pieces/PB Cups, etc. but candy wise, I'm not super fan. I don't really find myself craving sweet stuff - more salty. Doritos Cool Ranch & I have been longtime friends, but now I have an insane curiosity to go to the Florida Mall tomorrow and actually check out Dylan's Candy Bar. I have never visited the store - just always saw it on my travels to 9West and M.A.C.

I guess it might be what Food Network said: "More people are becoming wistful for their childhood candies". What's your candy craving?

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 10:21 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------