This Page

has been moved to new address

Black Friday Is Here...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Black Friday Is Here...

I was watching the news today (BTW Happy Thanksgivin' Y'all), while the cat was munching on some pancetta and saw something that kinda had me going "HUH".

Do you know that people started lining up YESTERDAY to catch the "early bird sales" here in Altamonte? Even the Altamonte Mall is opening up at 1:00 a.m. to catch the Black Friday shoppers and my happy butt wants to tell every. single. one of those idjiots camping out since YESTERDAY that they looked a fool waiting for Best Buy to open TOMORROW. Yeah - you save $50 but you know what - you can get the same stuff ONLINE. DOH! Buy it online and pick it up or have it shipped. SPEND that time with your families. Is time so in abundance for you that you can just forego that time and sit in a stupid line with a "line keeper" to save a dollar or two? Is anyone taking into account the markup that is enjoyed by the stores? Are you REALLY saving $$$. Hmmm....

Also people get crazed tomorrow. I think I might either buy a couple things online (Christmas Tree - blah - need to get one though) or just take a chance later. I'm not going to stress the hell out if I don't get a sale price. I know I'm trying to save money but peace of mind is a little more important and, even though I have a black belt in shopping skills, sadly my psyche won't allow me to deal with super crowded stores. It annoys me to no end and I will tell someone off right quick if they are acting stupid. I also don't appreciate those people who bully those older than them to get that stupid ugly sweater in that clearance bin.

Shopping online means a few bonuses for me:

How can you beat that? Plus I found out that ING is offering 1% cash back on those that use their Electric Orange debit cards (Whoot Whooot) and between that card and my USAA card (.5% cash back) makes the holiday shopping well worth it...

So to those people camping out - I hope you enjoyed your day sitting on the sidewalks to be there when the stores open at 5:00 a.m.. To those that had to work today, my heart goes out to you. You should have had the day off. To those that are just in it for the bargain and have no respect for their fellow man and try to bully them tomorrow morning: Think about the rule: "How would you like it if it happened to you". And to corporate retail in America: Seriously - don't make your workers work on Thanksgiving day and at 1:00 in the morning for that extra few hours of shopping craziness. Have some respect for your people. You better pay them holiday pay! And, finally, to the Altamonte Mall: Tacky - just tacky! I hope people get soused at the Ale House & Bahama Breeze and walk into the mall and drive management crazy.

I'm going to need a cocktail to deal with the amount of traffic about to hit my street. (What possessed me to live across the street from a MALL?? ARG!). Well, at least I can be on my balcony at 1:00 a.m. with cocktail in hand giggling at those that are shopping like the world is ending. Or, perhaps, I might just go investigate, ya know - for blog fodder (and that Christmas tree but shhhhhhh).

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 8:48 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------