This Page

has been moved to new address

Off Traveling...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, November 16, 2007

Off Traveling...

I'm headed down to S. Florida (West Palm Beach to be exact) tomorrow. I'm helping a buddy out with an event and I'm excited. Now I know nothing about sports, but that's okay - I got this! So, while I'll still be blogging for NaBloPoMo, it will be via the Blackberry because this gal doesn't appear to have much of a wireless signal at her hotel.

I leave at the crack (stress CRACK) of dawn tomorrow - hell I don't even think the sun will be UP before I leave Orlando for the 3 hr. trek, but it should be fun. If anything, this week solidified one thing for me: I can do ANYTHING I put my mind to. And, oh yeah, I can get by on 3 hrs sleep a night (if I don't make it a habit). I've juggled this thing, the 9to5, client stuff with the PRBiz, some personal drama and, in addition, being a support system for my buddies during their drama. Yeah - me, sleep - we're estranged I tell you. Estranged. Last night I went to bed at 2:30 and I'm up at 6 a.m. Again, solidifying my other revelation - a gal doesn't need sleep as much as she needs adrenaline.

I'm just working on the countdown to Dec. 1st - not for NaBloPomo's sake, but because I would like to keep up with my social life (what little one I seem to have - HA!), catch up on my blogs (I've been negligent - I know - sorry!) and just SLEEP. Also, on Dec. 1st, the 9to5 is having their holiday party and yours truly is going to have a little cocktail soiree prior to the party for those nearest and dearest to her (one must have liquor prior to company functions, right - I keeeed I keeeeed). Plus, also that morning, Ms. Fuzzy aka Shadow will have her Christmas Furcut. Can you believe they wanted to schedule her around 8:00 in the morning - after how many hours lack of sleep I have endured this month - I. Think. Not. 12:30 please. Plus - if I'm cranky when woken up, you should see her.

So, if my blogs are not spellchecked this weekend -it will be because your gal is blogging from the event during my downtime. And if they are wordy, its because I'm having a glass of wine (if its after hours). If they are boring, I apologize now. And, I will attempt to take pictures of the hotel by the ocean (really Motor Inn but whatever - even a MOTOR INN is $150 bux a night - what gives???) for posting next week.


Some fresh sea air, a stroll through the sand with the iPod, new surroundings, perhaps a cute cop (or two) and a new mall (or two), and exploration of a 'Bucks (or three - I must map out the Starbucks), I should be fabulous. I'll be sleep deprived with raccoon eyes, but who cares - I'm doing what I love and what I was born to do.

Here's another discovery - they have a Sur La Table only 30 min. from everything. I have ALWAYS wanted to go to that store and have resigned myself to the fact pigs might fly first before I'd be able to enter through its doors but, hey, now I can! Don't shoot me - I'm excited. If I get the Sur La Table catalog, I pore over it like its the new Vogue. I'd forego SHOES for Sur La Table, such is the depth of my devotion - I even got some of my Global knives there last year (via online & cash back but still - Sur La Table doesn't discriminate - it loves me regardless of the fact I live in O'Town). I just got their catalog yesterday and you better believe that its already packed for my trip - how was I to know that I'd be blessed with a Sur La Table excursion. Favor is mine, I say!

Come Monday - I'll be drained and working on overdrive at the 9to5 straight through. We'll be stopping for just a short break for Turkey Day & Black Friday and then it's nose to the grindstone through November 30th. November 30th your gal will be having a cocktail, hopefully victorious, (Secret - don't fail me now) and December 1st, I get to sleep. Yeah... now that sounds like heaven to me right now. Screw the holiday party - I just want 8 - 10 hours of uninterrupted blissful sleep.

Hope you all have a safe weekend and I'll be blogging on the fly!!! (And shopping but shhhhh.. don't tell anyone - it will be our little secret!)

Labels: , , , , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:57 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------