This Page

has been moved to new address

Love: At First Scrub...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Love: At First Scrub...

Like any other gal, I love a good facial. Paying $80+ for one - notsomuch. And who really has that type of time? Certainly not I. I know while I'd love a day of pampering, it's just not an option with my workload, especially lately. Don't even get me started on my quest to find the time to get my hair cut.

Recently, I've found myself researching some new products online that I have to have and I can testify that the raves are warranted. Three products have been on my radar: M.A.C.'s Volcanic Ash Exfoliator, Philosophy's Purity Made Simple's High Foaming Daily Cleanser and M.A.C.'s Prep + Prime Microfine Lip Refinisher.


First thing's first, I started with Philosophy's Purity Made Simple's High Foaming Daily Cleanser (Currently only sold at either Philosophy.com or Sephora. However, I heard on the d/l from a gal at Nordys that it will be released nationally at Nordys, etc. in August). I normally use Purity Made Simple daily (along with their microexfoliator), but a foam. Now this I had to try. Well, it left my skin squeaky clean and not dried out.



I followed up with M.A.C's Volcanic Ash Exfoliator which, from their website, says:

A highly effective, dual-purpose, foaming and exfoliating scrub blending natural
Volcanic Ash with fine sugar crystals from the islands of Vanuatu. Adds
moisture: leaves skin feeling soft and comfortably clean. Mineral-rich. Good for
absorbing skin’s natural oils. May be used on any part of face or body. Rinses
off with warm water.

It goes on like a mask but scrub a bit, rinse it off and I swear you will think you have been to Hawaii. Your skin just glows.

However, what's the point of having glowy skin and flaky lips? A gal must be smoochable at all times, no? So, the at-home spa treatment was followed with the Prep + Prime Microfine Lip Refinisher which, much like my beloved TARTE exfoliator, is compact, quick and simple.

I finished off with Hope in a Jar Moisturizer and M.A.C.'s Prep + Prime SPF 50 and I was off and about. The home treatment left me radiant and looking like I just spent a fortune at the spa, however it was better because it was home, on my schedule and the results were fabulous. The bonus: my wallet was tres happy because while I shelled out about $60 or less for the above, it's more than one treatment, that's for sure.

You know I'll be using these products on the regular. Try it - you might like it.

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:42 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------