This Page

has been moved to new address

Cruising 101…

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, October 07, 2005

Cruising 101…

27 days people.. 27 days until I'm floating out into the realm of Jaws. Being that I have never cruised and my only exposure to boating was zipping around the lake in back of my family's cottage in my uncle's speedboat driving like a mad-gal at the tender age of 8. Me and sailing - don't know if it will work.

This week my "travel agent" aka best bud tells me "We're on the Riviera deck" and, dontcha know, that day I didn't have the boat flyer in the office. It was in the car. So, that evening, the first thing I do is go to look at the flyer, locate the Riviera Deck and promptly call her going "You know we're in the bowels of Hell, right?" I then proceed to say that while I'm thrilled that we're paying homage to our Irish ancestors trapped in the lowest decks of the Titanic, however, with my heels, I foresee a slight problem and promptly change the name of "Not 35 Yet Dammit" cruise to "Dante's Inferno" cruise *LOL*

Then the thought strikes.. We're ocean view - am I going to wake up one morning only to see Jaws peeping through my window? This greatly concerned me and, being ever so conscientious, decided to call Carnival just to "verify". In other words - nasty nightmares until I called them. I spoke with a great sales rep who, after hearing my concerns about Jaws' morality, laughed and informed me that "No, the Riviera deck is 80 feet ABOVE the ocean". Phew - load off my mind, right? WRONG! My friend at work then tells me "Well you might see Dolphins jumping through the water alongside the ship." Ummm.. Okay - Flipper's eyes better stay in front of him and not peep where they don't belong. I might have a nice tuna can for him to jump into if he doesn't behave.

So, right now I'm trying to figure out how to smuggle the requisite booze on board the ship so that I can be sufficiently "incoherent" before we start throwing confetti off the side of the ship ala the "Love Boat". Now someone please tell Issac that I will be requiring LOTS of Captain Morgan...


Posted by Lys :: 6:29 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------