This Page

has been moved to new address

Stylin' the Christmas Tree...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Stylin' the Christmas Tree...

As the holiday season is here, how to decorate the tree is one of those things that has to be decided. MSN ran a great slideshow today about holiday trees. You can check it out here. The first tree, by far, is my favorite look.

My tree this year is still going to be artificial, but I'm trying to add more of a theme/color scheme to it rather than just a hodgepodge of rainbow colors. I'm obsessed with the color teal lately (thanks to a candle I fell in love with in Vegas which has started an obsession of all things teal/chocolate). I
cannot wait until my first house - I'm pretty sure that I will turn into Martha Stewart sans prison suit but a touch of attitude as I will be decorating to the nines. The apartment, however, I'll do a bit, but this is the last year for the tree from 5 years ago.

Also - I'm getting in the habit of buying new ornaments yearly to add to the tree so that will start a tradition. My great grandmother & grandmother would get me an ornament yearly and, while I don't have any from my childhood down here as some are in storage, I have some great ones that I've discovered over the years. While they don't necessarily go with the designer theme, they are representative of my interests and passions and I think they give a personalized touch. Don't worry - I won't be hanging anything kitchen related from the tree *LOL* but I might be picking up a Starbucks ornament (or two).

Some great places for ornaments this year - Pier1, Crate & Barrel, Bloomingdales and Target. Target has this black/white collection and crystal ornaments that are to-die-for (and at reasonable prices as well). Pier1 has a bunch of blue/teal-ish ornaments and lots pink/red ornaments. Crate & Barrel's ornaments are very chic, especially their gold/silver ornaments. One of the decisions I'm trying to make is do I or don't I start my collection of Waterford ornaments. They are a tad pricy so maybe not this year. Or I'll find them after the holidays or at the outlets.

I'm planning on putting up the tree this weekend, complete with homemade (lowfat) eggnog and perhaps biscotti so I'll be sure to take pics (before Shadow tries to tackle the tree). How did you decorate your home for the holidays this year?

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 12:14 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------