This Page

has been moved to new address

Happy 4th Everyone...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th Everyone...

Last night Uptown Altamonte went all out with Red, Hot & Boom, their annual 4th of July celebration. In town at Crane's Roost Park were a number of recording artists including Elliott Yamin & Katharine McPhee (sp?). I don't watch American Idol so I really wasn't up for the chaos that is part of that - just content to watch the fireworks from my front porch with Shadow and a nice cocktail.

Well - the dayjob let us out early which was fabulous and it was POURING! So, I thought the chaos that would befall Rte. 436 (by where I live) would be non-existent. Nope Parking Lot. Thankfully for the 250,000 people in attendance, they weren't zapped by the rain, however getting down my street was a nightmare.

Get home - they painted my FRONT porch door. Sticky Sticky. (and a crappy job the subcontractor did, but I'm being nice (or attempting to). They painted the entrance to the apartment again as well (this time they forgot to put the WET PAINT sign - ugh!).

The fireworks were gorgeous (what of it that I could see over the building roof), but Shadow did NOT enjoy it. Rather, she freaked out like I have rarely seen her do. I haven't seen her that bad since when she got dropped in her bag in the airport on her flight here. That cat was pissed. She even refused her cookies.

So, now that I'm painted in the apartment, I just enjoyed my day off and gave thanks for the freedom that we all enjoy and caught up on one of my former fave shows - Single In The City: The Hamptons. Then WEtv got into all of these wedding shows like Bridezillas and this show, Platinum Weddings - and one person spent $400,000 ON A WEDDING for her young husband and her. I about dropped in shock and thought, wow - that's enough for a house (or a very substantial downpayment). Seeing that just reinforced my theory of when I get married, it's Vegas for me. I just can't imagine spending $10,000 let alone $400,000. EGADS!

Hope you all had a relaxing day!!

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 9:16 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------