This Page

has been moved to new address

I've Lost My Inspiration...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, August 31, 2007

I've Lost My Inspiration...

Something has been weighing heavily on my mind lately -

Seriously - I'm suffering some severe pangs of guilt over something I've been neglecting...

My Cooking.

When I moved into this place, I was obsessed with all things Williams Sonoma, Sur La Table, Crate & Barrel, Farmer's Market - you name it. I could cook like there is no tomorrow. However, more and more, I've found myself just feeling "blah". I pretty much exist - and cooking just wasn't on the agenda. I have no inspiration. I have no get up and go. It's just not happening anymore.

I'd like to say the usual defenses: "I'm tired", "I just don't want to clean", "Ugh - but I never feel like cooking anything anymore", "the kitchen will become so hot with the oven", blah blah blah, but I must face the harsh reality of the situation - I've become lazy.

I'm content to get take out, eat quickly and go to work on the PR biz, or briefly surf online while I delete all that is Michael Chiarello, Robin Miller, etc. off the Tivo to "get space". I forgot what cooking means to me - it's a time for me to zone out, forget about clients, cases, drama, bills, etc. and just focus the task at hand. I miss playing with my ingredients - the array of spices I bought "Just because..." (Fresh Market sells them in pouches which I promptly put in cute little Crate & Barrel jars). I miss looking at cookbooks like it was the latest issue of Vogue. I miss working on my knife skills with that knife set I HAD to have. I just miss it.

So this weekend, I'm going to take a bit of a field trip to Williams Sonoma, Crate & Barrel and check out Fresh Market and the Farmer's Market. I'm going to possible make Giada's Balsamic Barbecue chicken this weekend and a few other items and actually PLAN menus for next week. And I'm going to get this chaos under control. It's only fair to my wallet (and waistline). No more takeout. Well, except Starbucks....

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 10:17 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------