This Page

has been moved to new address

Vacation in Review...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Vacation in Review...

First of all, so much happened in Philly, I still think my head is spinning... While we didn't take a boatload of pics (outside of the club romp), well, it still was a spectacular and relaxing vacation. Here's the recap:

Thursday, well we already know about the airline drama, and Hertz gave me a car with "Never Lost" for free - you would think they knew I was blond. See, even though I've been going to Philly for YEARS, I get my happy behind lost every day. Can you imagine if I lived there - I'd be going to South Street to find my way back to 95 to go to Northeast. Anywayz, while I wanted to curse out the GPS system, eventually I grew fond of it's wise counsel.

So, Thursday evening, I picked up Reese at the airport and we were off to the Westin hotel in Center City. As we pull up, there is 2 cars in front of us, one SUV housing what appears to be a bunch of tour people and in a swanky car in back (not a limo) out steps 2 guys and Akon. Let me say first and foremost, Akon is short. (Well I was wearing 4" wedges, but still - shorty short short.) His entourage - not so friendly. Of course Reese and I basically did the "NYC attitude" where we don't even acknowledge that it IS AKON, even though his tour guy is wearing a shirt emblazoned with his name everywhere. And they were wearing more ice than Antarctica. That stuff could provide a hefty down payment for a house. Just downright scary that I'm thinking economical but let's get back to the story. Well, Akon believes in carrying some big ol' jug of some Fruit punch (Costco size) and his sneakers and doesn't carry ID. And he doesn't wear pants that cover his boxers. And the world was treated to a very detailed view of his derriere through his boxers. I think this almost scarred me as much as the couple in the club. ALL WEEKEND long we got to hear him croon "I'm Sorry" on the radio - every station was playing it, magazines had his name everywhere, seriously - I didn't like the guy then and I don't now. I know about saying when something crosses my path, but Akon doesn't count.

Reese & I checked out King of Prussia on Friday, and that mall you need a SERIOUS amount of time for which we did not have as we had dinner plans with our friend Rom & J. We wound up chatting the night away over some seriously fabulous cocktails (even free rum - yay - thanks to the promotions guy in the bar), great food (omelet with manchengo cheese - wow!) and witty retorts.

Saturday we hit up my mall of choice - Cherry Hill (love that mall!) and then I trotted around Center City that evening in search of Starbucks... which I found... near a competitor of the 9to5... Saturday evening, saw one of my boys I haven't seen in almost 20 years (again with the short exclamation - I'm starting to see my heels make me the towering wench) and then we hit up the club.

Sunday, we did a bit more shopping, went to lunch with our friend EJ and played some games at Dave & Busters. Reese had some serious hockey skills going on at one game (or was it soccer?) and then hit up a fabulous Italian Steakhouse, Davios, at the recommendation of our bartender. I even found out that there was a mall NEXT TO THE HOTEL as it was CLOSING! I literally ran into 9West to get those blue pumps but they didn't have my size. *sigh*

Monday, I had to go to my best friend's gravestone and caught up with JoeZ. for a few minutes. Wish it could have been longer, but it was a crazy weekend. Flying out, I was upgraded to business class and, brief funny story.

I'm in business class with about 3 others. I board and the steward wants to give me a cocktail. I didn't know that they were free. I told him Captain & Diet Coke -they only had Bacardi. Bacardi, for this gal, is scary. I could be dancin' on the seat by the time I'm done with the nip bottle but figured "what the hell". I was bringing home a cheesesteak, wrapped tightly in foil and plastic bags so as not to stink up the place, and I made a point to put the bag along with my carry-on bag in the very SMALL overhead compartment. Well, in walks this woman. She sits in front of me and, long story short, I just sat there in amazement.

Picture this: she's in her 40s, severely bad blond dye job (think Britney - during the recent drama), massive roots, white tank top, bedazzled jean gauchos and this god awful white scuffed strappy heels. She is just loud, obnoxious and telling her seatmate that she bought a 7000 sq. ft. building in Florida, she owns a big company and her staff is horrible, her payroll team is horrible and just nothing is ever done right. She also tells the guy that she wants to marry him off to her daughter because "she [the daughter] takes care of herself and isn't fat like all [the daughter's] friends". Wow. Okay. Where are my headphones.

Well, back to the story at hand. She's going to put her stuff in an overhead compartment but, rather than put it in the empty one above her seat or the one across, SHE SHOVES MY STUFF to the side and goes and puts her stuff WITH MINE in the very small compartment. You are kidding, right. I told her that she might not want to do that because I didn't want the steak smell to permeate the leather of her purse. I was being nice, even with the cocktail.

Blondie's response "Honey - it's an expensive bag - it won't smell like anything but what it is". I said "OK" and her snotty response was "It's really expensive -it's a Coach - I don't think you know how expensive they are". It was a $238 Coach bag. I knew exactly how expensive it was. However, I just nodded and smiled and said "I have no idea". Personally, that wench really had it comin' to her so I don't care if her coach bag did smell like cheesesteak. She was duly warned. Kudos to me for not cursing her out, right?

I did realize one thing besides the fact that vacations are too quick when you are having fun. I am truly a Philly gal at heart. That's my city. That's my home. How the heck I wound up in Orlando is beyond me.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 12:13 PM :: 4 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------