This Page

has been moved to new address

Is It Christmas or Halloween ... Someone Tell Me Please..

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Is It Christmas or Halloween ... Someone Tell Me Please..

I departed the apartment today to wander a little bit and run a couple errands (in all honesty, I was seriously in need of ice coffee - because I still can't make a decent cup of coffee)... I was working on doing the laundry, cleaning the apartment, etc. and wound up getting engrossed in a Law & Order Criminal Intent marathon so I was running a little late.

After errands (and enabling my ice coffee monster), I wandered into a couple stores, one of which was Home Goods. See, I made the mistake of washing a stovetop espresso maker in the dishwasher and it turned a funky color (really - I washed it quite a few times but how was I to know it was NOT dishwasher safe). So, I was in need of a replacement for my "Making A Decent Latte" mission for next week. Well, not only did I find that in Home Goods, but I also discovered a pumpkin Le Creuset baker but I resisted. One fabulous find was a cheap bottle of Meyers dishwasher liquid and, having read about it a bit lately, I decided to give it a shot. I still was on the hunt for Halloween decorations, but outside of a cute candy bowl that I felt was too cheaply made to be worth $16.99, I was seriously disappointed with the selection. But that wasn't the best thing I found...

While most of the apartment was decorated in the way I want, I haven't been able to really *get* a concept for the bathroom. I have a super snazzy hotel quality bathroom but it's pretty plain. So, last week it came to me: a "bronze bench" and oiled bronze accessories and I could switch out the towels to be either teal & brown or pink and brown depending on the mood. Well, I browse online first before I commit to something, and I have to say that my online shopping cart at Linens N Things has over $200 in things that I found but I'm still just looking. I'd like to see it in person before I purchase, regardless of coupons and cash back. Outside of the bench, one of the most pricey things was a $30+ bronze magnifying mirror but at HomeGoods I found a better version for $9.99. I was a very happy huntress indeed. I'm still on a hunt for the bench and when the bathroom is complete, I'll take pictures.

Then I departed for Pier1 because I haven't been there in forever and a day. I saw lots of pretty things, but I was on the hunt for a reed diffuser in the scent, Mad Love,and I was shocked to run into Christmas Decorations EVERYWHERE. It's only October 7, 2007 and already they are hawking Christmas Decorations. Oy Vey. Enough already. I get it - holiday season is approaching but do I really need to see Christmas ornaments???

I'm still on the hunt for some Halloween stuff (and yes, Keri, I'll check out the store ;) ) but I really can do without the Christmas reminders.

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:47 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------