This Page

has been moved to new address

Methinks Moi Doth Protest Too Much...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Methinks Moi Doth Protest Too Much...

Well, I've come to another earth shattering revelation. I have a habit of protesting stupid things - why I don't know, I just will make a decision and *boom* I'm done with it.

Some prime examples:

1) My friend at work, M., sent me a link of headlines from Central Florida News 13 and one of which was "NIKE UNVEILS SHOE DESIGNED FOR NATIVE AMERICANS". A) That's tacky; B) As I've got some Native American/Indian blood coursing through my veins, I'm annoyed. Do you see any other "race/origin" sneaker. Yeah - exactly. GRRRR; C) Apparently if you are Native American, you have wide feet. They want to promote wellness on the reservations. Umm.. lets see - remove the liquor stores, help with the job banks, etc. What the heck does Nike know about reservations. Plan has now formulated in my head to NEVER buy Nike. Will Nike care - notsomuch. Will I - You Betcha. See, take my Irish temper and Native American blood and add in a case of PMS = Nike better watch out. Makes me want to throw a tomahawk at their butts.

2) One of the Divas, Diane loves herself anything made by Juicy Couture. If it's a bag, sweats, perfume, doggie bed - anything that is made by Juicy, you can rest assured she is considering buying it. Seriously, they should pay her a salary for all that she does. She joked around with me today re: Juicy perfume and I said I don't like it. Have I smelled it - No. Have I tried it - No. My reason for the "No likey" verdict - The Paris Hilton Ebola Virus has worn Juicy products and I don't want any association with that chick. Don't tell me she's worn CLs please. I don't think I can handle the horror.

3) Jessica Simpson shoes: The gal has some seriously cute shoes but I REFUSE to wear them, buy them, nada. I did, at one time, seriously contemplate getting the tortoiseshell heels. Reese promptly held a quasi-intervention and I, to this day, refuse to buy any type of shoes that bear her name and roll my eyes at anything that gal designs. Jessica Simpson = Designer ... ummm.. HUMPH! I don't think so - she has a team that designs for her but blah. Don't get me started on J.Lo either.

4) Jessica Simpson Denim: Continuing on the Jessica Simpson rant - for my plus size gals out there - remember when Ms. Blondie Simpson decided she was going to sell designer jeans in the PLUS SIZE STORES? C'mon - outside of her purses, what the heck does Jessica Simpson know about plus size, let alone plus size fashion - NADA! I refused to shop in The Avenue for 2 years because of it. Thankfully, that is no longer, but still. I see a Jessica Simpson clothing line in any other plus size store, we're done, through, kaput. Y'all think I'm kiddin', right?

5) Grey's Anatomy: When the whole IsaiahGate scandal broke, I got annoyed - annoyed at the media coverage, annoyed at his remarks, and annoyed at the storyline. What did I do - I boycotted. I refused to watch the show. Did ABC care? Nope. Did I? Yup after I got sick of hearing "Did you hear what happened on Grey's" or forever peppering Meowmix with questions on what happened the night before. I also got the overwhelming desire to beg Perez Hilton to forcefeed Ellen Pompeo a cheeseburger. Realizing that neither is gonna happen, I have realized that I missed a whole season over something stupid. Yeah, I know - buy the DVDs...

6) Cracker Barrel: Hearing about the purported discrimination that the restaurant Cracker Barrel carried out against its employees, I refused to eat there. Still don't go. Have never been in. Does Cracker Barrel care - nope. Do I, nope. I probably wouldn't like it anyways.

7) American Idol: While about 60% of the American public tends to gravitate to that music fest that is American Idol, I don't nor do some of my music friends. Why you ask, because it is NOT a true representation of the music industry. The record industry chews up and spits out people by the bushel. And it's not easy - as a matter of fact it's hard. There are bands that struggle for eons trying to get noticed. You don't get noticed by auditioning on TV or doing a panther crawl and have a long lasting musical career out of it. Don't even get me started on their contracts that the finalists have to sign. Highway robbery (but then again - that is an accurate reflection of the music industry). Still, does Fox care that I don't watch it? Nope. Do I care. Not really. And I relish in the fact that while I think Simon is a hoot (and one of the most accurate depictions of a record exec), having to not watch Ryan Seacrest AND Paula Abdul act the fool is even better. I'll just get the recaps from y'all. Want to see some real singing: Showtime at the Apollo!

8) CSI: I love CSI (Las Vegas) but refused to watch most of last season as they put KFed on one of the shows. My reasoning, were the producers stupid? Did CSI jump the shark? KFed couldn't act his way out of his marriage, let alone one of the best series on TV. I refused to watch. Period. Did CBS care? Nope, because I still Tivo'd that mess. Did I care? Yup now because I have to watch the FULL SEASON this weekend. HUMPH! However, I will still fast forward through the KFed parts.

There are, I'm sure, way more examples, but I can't even remember them. Apparently I do protest so often that now my memory is gone.

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 5:13 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------