This Page

has been moved to new address

A Meme About.. My Home???

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, October 27, 2007

A Meme About.. My Home???

Shoe Addict had a Meme of a different sort which I thought was kinda fun to do. As I haven’t really spent much “me-me” time with the new apartment and really appreciate it like I should, I think today is the day to have a little fun time and look around the place.

1. What kind of SOAP is in your bathtub right now?

Surely you jest. There is no bar soap in my house, but I do prefer shower gel – so, in my shower is a virtual Sephora/CVS and I believe variety is the spice of life. So, with that leading the pack, of course, is Principessa Fresh Fiore, SJP Lovely, Philosophy Coconut and Pumpkin Pie, and Garden Botanicals Pumpkin Ginger

2. Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?

Nope – I should have because I love watermelon. But I'm very cautious with buying fruit from a grocery store - too many times of getting sick when it's supposed to be fresh. My stomach is a tad sensitive.

3. What would you change about your living room?

It needs a good vacuum and I’d love to get rid of the two boxes by the couch from my move – 8 months ago!

4. Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty?

Clean – I got new jars from Southern Living that needs be set up today which had to be washed (cartons can house tons of unsavory things) so the dirty dishes are in the sink.

5. What is in your fridge?

An extra DD Iced Hazelnut Coffee, various cheeses (cheddar, blue cheese, asiago and some Irish cheddar), butter, some maple smoked bacon, asparagus, pumpkin spice beer, pumpkin pie (hey – I like pumpkin), eggs, onion rolls, liverwurst (shoot me ‘k *LOL*), water, wine, various condiments and Barefoot Contessa marinades, chai tea mix, onions (making homemade French onion soup this weekend), lemons, limes, apples and various other stuff which I know I’m forgetting.

6. White or wheat bread?

Neither – Rye (Preferably from Too Jays Deli - too many trips to the deli with my Aunt Maddie as a child helped with my preference for deli ingredients)

7. What is on top of your refrigerator?

A Panini grill, espresso, coffee grinder, phone books (don’t ask). Above that - a full wine rack.

8. What color or design is on your shower curtain?

None. I have a glass door (and the only design is Shaddy's nose prints on the bottom of the glass during her "Momma - hurry up I want a cookie" morning tirades).

9. How many plants are in your home?

None. Shadow would eat them. I want a lemon tree for the patio though.

10. Is your bed made right now?

No. It’s going to be stripped today so why make it if I’m only going to wash everything.

11. Comet or Soft Scrub?

Neither. Scrubby Bubbles (and the automatic shower cleaner is a godsend)

12. Is your closet organized?

I’ll get to it! Promise (yes, the answer is no but I do have every intention of organizing it - just need some front open shoe boxes from Ikea and Orlando's Ikea doesn't open until Nov. 15th).

13. Can you describe your flashlight?

Black with a yellow trim and I think it needs batteries.

14. Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home?
Glass mostly unless it’s ice coffee. I’m not going to empty the DD or ‘Bucks cup into a glass. ‘c’mon now.

15. Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now?

No. But now that the idea is out there…Perhaps after I finish that other ice coffee.

16. If you have a garage, is it cluttered?
No garage –I do have a laundry room and it’s cluttered with Christmas decorations. Workin’ on that too.

17. Curtains or blinds?

Blinds but I will be getting curtains as soon as my month of hell is over.

18. How many pillows do you sleep with?

2 and I have an additional 2 on the bed – I guess you would say 4.

19. Do you sleep with any lights on at night?

Nope – unless Shadow acts really spooked and then I just leave the hall entry light on or the bathroom light

20. How often do you vacuum?

When I remember or have time. I guess I should do that today, huh?

21. Standard toothbrush or electric?

Electric toothbrush (it was free - like the automatic shower cleaner! Thanks BzzAgent)

22. What color is your toothbrush?

White.

23. Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch?

Porch no - entrance to the apartment, well I did – somehow we lost all our welcome mats in the apartment complex’s thing of “we’re fixing your breezeways”. BTW – that was supposed to be done 2 weeks ago. I should go talk to the office – they are holding a few things in the office for me anywayz. The HSN stuff arrived.

24. What is in your oven right now?

Oven racks

25. Is there anything under your bed?

Boot boxes and perhaps a dustbunny or two. Don't know if Shadow put any of her toys under there. It's possible.

26. Chore you hate doing the most?

Folding and putting away laundry and cleaning the toilet.

27. What retro items are in your home?

Retro?? This is a new complex – nothing retro here. However, retro items I personally have, a little tea set I used to play with as a child at my grandparent's house, a rocking chair I got from my dad that my Nana gave my parents and various furniture I was handed in my parent's divorce.


28. Do you have a separate room that you use as an office?

No – wish I could. Does the dining room alcove table count?

29. How many mirrors are in your home?

A lot. One in the living room, 3 in the bathroom and two mirrored closets in the bedroom.

30. Do you have any hidden emergency money around your home?
Does change count? If so, those are hidden at the bottom of my empty purses (Hey – any thieves planning on hittin’ the apartment – you might find a dollar or two – and a big attack cat who will bite your ankles – beware).

31. What color are your walls?

White. Can’t paint them *sigh*

32. Do you keep any kind of protection weapons in your home?

Does Shaddy the Attack Cat count? If so, yup.

33. What does your home smell like right now?

Spiced pumpkin from the air freshener

34. Favorite candle scent?

Too many – hazelnut coffee, lilac, apple pie, pumpkin, cranberry, vanilla…

35. What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now?

None.

36. What color is your favorite Bible?

Black

37. Ever been on your roof?

Nope – but if someone’s on my roof, I’ll be able to hear it.

38. Do you own a stereo?

No – I have been meaning to get one.

39. How many TVs do you have?

2; one in the bedroom and one in the living room.

40. How many house phones?

3 phones, 1 phone line which, btw – I never answer

41. Do you have a housekeeper?

No – but does Shaddy the attack cat count? She takes care of any stray bugs that might wander through the pipes (Damn Florida)

42. What style do you decorate in?

Mine! Lots of teal-ish blues and browns, antique looking pieces, but it’s all my style – I wouldn’t know how to describe it in decorating terms.

43. Do you like solid colors in furniture or prints?

Solid, preferably.

44. Is there a smoke detector in your home?

Yes – the apartment complex put in 3 – maybe 4. I need to look around more.

45. In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?

I pack quick so I'd grab Shadow and toss into my suitcase a change of clothes & shoes, jewelry, the little tea set from my grandfather’s house, Shadow’s favorite toy, pictures of my family and friends as well as pics of my friends Nick & Justine who passed and a frame of the poetry that Justine had made before she died. I'd grab my purse, suitcase and Shaddy in her carrier and off we'd move. Things can be replaced. People & pets cannot.

OK – those that want to play along, feel free – let me know how you do…

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 3:09 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------