This Page

has been moved to new address

My Conscience Is Fighting With Itself...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Sunday, October 07, 2007

My Conscience Is Fighting With Itself...

OK... let me preface the below confession with a bit of a backstory on the new complex where I live. While the new management is "trying", the maintenance department (outside of the head maintenance guy) is really ummm.. "slow". To get my air conditioner fixed, it took about 3 months.

About 2 weeks ago, while trying to do laundry, I turned the knob on the dryer and it didn't work. I tried again and again and went "ugh", knowing that my dryer would be fixed in about oh - 2 months or longer and that's when I discovered that the knob was broken. The plastic in those cheap azz knobs was cracked. So, I got self sufficient and located the rusty pliers in the tool box (which got wet and rusted thanks to the dumb air conditioner debacle) and turn the metal knob which, in itself, is a huge pain in the butt. Now I am worried about breaking the metal on there. Knowing I had to check with maintenance to get a new knob, I put that on my to-do list.

Like manna from heaven, on Monday as I leave for work, out by the elevator door is a dryer. It's just sitting there from another apartment (or for another apartment, but my guess is that they pulled it out from the people who moved and trashed the apartment it was next to). The inner devil in me coaxed me into swiping the start knob, however I put it back as the Catholic guilt set in. For an entire week it sat there. As the week progressed, I noticed that there are a number of appliances just sitting out in the hallways, by maintenance, etc. They are taking forever to put them back. Super attractive, right. Each day the dryer sat there as if mocking me, knowing that maintenance would just take a knob from another dryer that it had in the shed, etc. and then maintenance would take forever to replace it.

So, after wrestling with my conscience, (and the loads of laundry piling up), I confess. I took the knob and put it on my dryer today. And, now I'm going "should I return it after I do my laundry this week" or just accept the fact that I am my own maintenance person and did what any other reasonable person (or at least lazy maintenance person around here) would do.

What would you do? Should I return it or should I just accept the fact that I took matters into my own hands and fixed something quicker that our maintenance team here.

:::sigh:::

Labels: ,


Posted by Lys :: 8:46 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------