This Page

has been moved to new address

A Spooky Story....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A Spooky Story....

I hope everyone has lots of tricks or treats up their sleeves... Tonight, I'm heading home and getting ready to piss Shadow off. She got her costume this morning (She's going as a Bat) and, while she spat at her paw cuffs, her ears got her a little intrigued. We'll see. I figure if she has enough catnip, she'll be fine, especially since she prefers this Zoom Around The Room Fat Cat! Catnip... I guess she gets herself higher than a kite so if it keeps me from getting bit - sure, why the heck not.

My father is flying in tomorrow night so I'll be cleaning the apartment and actually catching up on the TiVo'd spooky shows (anything with Ed & Lorraine Warren - the renowned ghosthunters in Connecticut - love it!). Now I'm not one to get super spooked, so you know if something resonates with me from childhood - it's a bit much for this blonde's mind. So, with that, I'll leave y'all with a bit of a Halloween story...

When I was around 8 or 9 (maybe younger, maybe older - dunno), we lived in Connecticut and my mom used to work at some fashion store, Trim Fashions. Besides remembering some denim jacket with a funky belt that I got then (hey - I was a fashionista early on - I told you my mom was a snazzy dresser), I remember there was a gal who worked there who somehow was related to the Warrens. I can't remember if it was a daughter, a niece, whatever - but she brought in a photo album once with pics from the Warrens investigations. There was a photo in there of a doll that was possessed and, this doll - man - that sucker creeped me the heck out. To date, I can never look at a Raggedy Ann doll the same. Apparently, it was possessed by some demonic energy or something, but who cares - it just scared me as a child and even now looking at that photo is giving me the heebie jeebies.
And tonight, I'll be a fraidy cat and sleep with the lights on.


*Photos of the Anabelle Possessed Doll courtesy of Warrens.net*

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 5:04 PM :: 3 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------