This Page

has been moved to new address

Channeling One's Inner Martha...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Channeling One's Inner Martha...

The holidays are really driving me batty this year. I feel like I have too many people to buy for and not enough fundage to do so. Between friends, family and co-workers, it's enough to make my head spin.

So today it hit me. I've decided to channel my inner Martha Stewart and, while watching the Food Network and leafing through some magazines, I stumbled upon a great idea in this month's issue of Cooking Light. Homemade Spice Rubs. Erin Cooks! also had some great cookie recipes and Sarah has a fast and fabulous truffle recipe. Plus, Giada de Laurentiis had some good ideas during her holiday entertainment episode today. Feeling inspired, I think it's time to give all the goodies I bought at Sur la Table a workout.



Starting tomorrow, I'm going to start beginning the process of making spice rubs, various cookies and other lovely items in lieu of breaking the bank for holiday shopping. After all, I still have the February trip to worry about and I need to start saving like a mad woman. And, if I have time, I will brave all that is Michaels and pick up some lovely ribbon, favor bags, tins for the spice rub and other goodies to package up the treats. And if I really want to make it festive, I might try to make myself a cable car martini while I'm impersonating a culinary diva.

Let's just hope I don't mix up the sugar and the salt... That would not be chic!

UPDATE:

Clearly I was too excited by the Kooba bag where I decided to post THAT link in place of the spice rub link. So sorry. The recipe for the spice rub is as follows:

Zesty Spice Rub*

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons garlic powder
2 tablespoons paprika
3 tablespoons cumin
1 tablespoon coriander
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon salt

Yield: 1 cup

*Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light, December 2007

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 10:11 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------