This Page

has been moved to new address

Paying Homage to Yesteryear...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Friday, December 07, 2007

Paying Homage to Yesteryear...


I'm sitting here tonight enjoying my much earned day off, watching Movies Rock on CBS instead of my normal Women's Murder Club. (Rob Estes - :::sigh:::) The fiery Rita Moreno just talked about her work in West Side Story, one of my favorite movies of all time. An appreciation for movies of yesteryear I can credit to one of my favorite professors, Mr. Norton. He had a class where we watched various films and it was there that I was engrossed in in the magic that is Old Hollywood. So to see such films as West Side Story, Casablanca, The Sound of Music, Singin' In The Rain and The Wizard of Oz honored tonight, it just reminds me of that particular class where I would sit in the college theater and just be transfixed by the screen and Hollywood Legends and the many conversations I would have with Paul about what we had seen. Paul has since passed but to see this brings back many happy hours I had with him and how much I learned from him. They also profiled some movies that I remember from my childhood like Grease, Footloose and Flashdance profiled, reminds me how times have changed.

This special, for me, is the culmination of a fabulous day off - regardless of the fact that I was too lazy to change The Unholy on Chiller earlier. To see such talent of today* paying homage to all that is past reminds me that movies are more than special effects. To a young mind, they can be magical and give you that creative spark. For me, this was a break from Project Hell that is absolutely needed.
What's your favorite classic movie (or movie you can watch over and over and over again and it never gets old)?

(*Yes, I'm totally biased, but I thought Stacey (Fergie's) performance of Live and Let Die was kick ass! That Nicole chick from the Pussycat Dolls sounded a little flat but eeh. It can happen when you are touring like crazy. I can go without yet another Beyonce performance and Jennifer Hudson - A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!)

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 9:32 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------