This Page

has been moved to new address

Learning To Love Moi...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Learning To Love Moi...

Denise, over at Do You Have That In My Size, did a little Valentine post, of sorts and its something that really made me think. You can check out the rules here or here at Hilly's page.

Before we begin, let me preface this with a short diatribe on my detest of all things Valentine-y. In no way am I casting rainclouds on anyone that loves this holiday. I, personally, just don't. Once, way way back yonder, got caught up in the Valentine's spirit like my friends, so much so, I would give Mark HELL if he didn't do something on the "One Day" that he was supposed to profess his undying adoration for me, his fiancee (sans rock, but we won't go there). He always used to gripe that it was a "Hallmark" holiday created so men can basically pad Hallmark's profit margins along with the profit margins of florists, Godiva, etc. Looking back, I now believe he spoke a bit of truth as I think that love should be shown YEAR round, not just ONE day. (He wasn't good at the year round either though).



However to counter the bitter of all things Mark and V-Day related, I will also tell you about a sweet thing that was done one Valentine's day. When I finally kicked Mark to the curb and broke up with him in 2000, it was right before Valentine's Day. Of course I didn't expect anything (even when I was with him I learned it was a losing battle) so imagine my surprise when I had long stem roses delivered TO MY JOB for the holiday. Turns out it was my dear friend CK giving me a little V-Day pick-me-up knowing I had recently kicked Mark out of house and home. (By the way ladies, I think CK is single again - and if you love a little Joey Tribini from Friends (the looks - CK def. has a brain), may I arrange an intro? Jus' playin'...)



So, with that said, let's have a little Valentines Day fun...



HERE ARE THE RULES!!!



1.) Post one of the banners located HERE on your blog and declare February 14th as the day you not only love your one and only, but the day that you love yourself! (Lys note - you can also do this a day late, right??)


2.) Post one nice thing about yourself......then ask others to post one thing that they really like about you.

3.) Enjoy yourself!


SO, with the rules stated, my understanding of said rules and so on, here's my little bit of "Self love". I'm not going to take the easy way out - I'm actually going to have smoke come out of the ears as I think of one good thing about me.



What comes to mind immediately is my loyalty. I am loyal to the end to my friends and family (hell, I'm a true Scorpio - sue me *LOL*). My closest friends I've had for well over 10 years and I would give plasma if they needed it. When I break up with exes, most of the time we can retain the friendship as I'd rather lose a boyfriend than a friend, if that makes sense. I also am loyal to my beliefs, my morals/ethics (sometimes to a fault), causes I believe in, work in, etc. and my friends know that they can count on me for anything (well, unless its criminal - and outside of smuggling in a Cuban cigar or extra liquor over the border *glares at Meowmix & A.*, criminal and I are non-mixy things, k.) If you break up with so and so and need a shoulder to cry on - I'm there. If he hurts you and I find out, his knees are toast. If the world is crashing, you know I'm trying to figure out how to fix it for you. Also, I'm not one to bail you out of jail, I am the gal sittin' next to you yippin' like the Baby dino in that 80s tv show Dinosaurs, "Again!" (Meowmix can testify - if we get in trouble, hell, I wanna look at some eye candy. "Oh Mr. Officer...")

So there, I'm done waxing poetic on what it is about me I love and now I'm out to "Enjoy myself". If y'all want to post, go right ahead :) And if you do decide to do this at your blog, let me know and I'll visit.

Happy Valentines Day y'all. Enjoy the day and, in the words of that old tune, Love The One You're With...

Labels: , ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:07 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------