This Page

has been moved to new address

Pleasure & Pain...

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Pleasure & Pain...

If I wasn't on self imposed financial grounding I'd seriously consider this Alexis Hudson bag for OurBuddy's Soiree...


Secondly, you know those shoes I was pitchin' a fit about for having at OurBuddy's soiree? It got to the point where I was plotting calling my editor and publicist buddies due to their corporate office customer service (HORRIBLE!). However, their awesome district manager, Ron (LOVE him!) saved my behind and had these located and shipped ON rush. I get them INTO my office today, all psyched, rip open the package and slide them onto my feet. I break them in for 2 hours (sitting - shush, don't judge!) and then switch out as I was going to the 'Bucks with my boy SL. I get back and figure, sure, I'll slide them on and stand up. The view was MUCH taller than normal. They are supposed to be 4" stilettos. From their website:

A closed back open toe pump in printed patent combinations makes this shoe
shine. A 4' heel gives you that high off the ground look but wiht
[sic]
a 1/2' hidden platform it lets you walk all day or night in comfort. Made in Brazil of the finest leathers.

Either someone in Brazil can't measure or they can't type (obviously that's true because of the spelling error) but those puppies were 5". 5 inches!! I even took a ruler to it. I'm either going to use them as self defense weapons or wonder if I should have a lucite platform in it instead of the coral. So, they have now been christened my "Hookah Shoes". And no, they are not being worn to the Soiree. Sadly, I think they will cripple me by that point and my happy behind will be in flats. But they are gorgeous. I just have to learn to walk all over again. At least they don't make my feet numb like the Weitzmans (which are going BACK!)


Ahhh.. how a gal has to suffer for beauty...

Labels: , , ,


Posted by Lys :: 6:33 PM :: 2 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------