This Page

has been moved to new address

Cruising 102....

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Just Because...
Just Because...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Cruising 102....

OK - the booze situation is handled. According to some of the internet chat boards, I learned some very interesting ways to get my Captain Morgan on board undetected. However, Meowmix has informed me of the "legal" way of doing things and the unfortunate pleasantries that could befall someone that decides to go "against the rules". Therefore, there will be no smuggling of any contraband on the cruise.

I had to get a "Certified Birth Certificate". Yeah I know - where is the passport, right? Well, the only times I have been out of the good old U.S. of A. has been to Canada and that is another story for another day. I did learn that low cut blouse + customs agent = extra booze over the border. Amazing the lessons one can learn.

The biggest challenge is to fit everything in a 22" suitcase. I have this Weekender one, but after taking it to the Grammy's last year, I'm concerned. While they say it holds a lot, I have to disagree. Then again, in my defense, during the February trip, I did have to bring a formal gown, clothes for work & play, etc. With this cruise, it is a work free vacation - no clients, no calls, just fun in the sun. Watch me forget the sunscreen and turn up like a lobstah. Or buy too many souvenirs.. I heard there is a Gucci store in Nassau where it is 50% off - how intriguing is that. No more faux Grucci for me. And the thought of NOT using my cell for 3 days - heaven I say, H E A V E N!!!

One other item taken care of - who will tape CSI in my absence. Because this gal cannot go without her weekly fix of George Eads/Nick Stokes. Mr. TiVo has graciously volunteered his time to do so. How considerate, right? He still hasn't brought me my coffee. Also, Mr. TiVo still seems to think it should make my program choices for me. It recorded some Mission Impossible/La Femme Nikita show for me, "MI-5" which is a British take on the spy drama - seemed interesting. It has supplied me with a bunch of Sex & The City eps, however, those PG-13 rated (more like borderline PG) versions lose some of the important dialogue. Oh well. Thank god for DVDS. We'll see what Tuesday's "Now Playing" list seems to have...

23 days and counting..

Labels:


Posted by Lys :: 6:09 PM :: 0 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------